The Neurological Reset for the Neck and Upper Extremity Seminar focuses on orthopedic conditions involving the neck and upper extremity. It also focuses on the influences of various neurological systems for the onset and promotion of these conditions.
How we stand and move throughout our environment is the product of our neurology and biomechanics. Abnormalities in how these systems function and integrate can produce biomechanical faults which may manifest as painful syndromes. Participant practitioners in this seminar will come away with an increased understanding of neurological & biomechanical dysfunctions often associated with specific musculoskeletal conditions, and a firm understanding of the effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
- Cervical Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Cervical Osteoarthritis
- Cervical Radiculitis
- Cervical Disc Herniations
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Sprain/Strain
- Segmental Dysfunction
- Sub-Occipital Neuralgia
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Scalenus Anticus & Medius Syndromes
- Impingement Syndrome
- Supraspinatus Tendonitis
- Subacromial Bursitis
- Biceps Tendonitis
- AC Joint Pain & AC Joint Separation
- SC Joint Dysfunction
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Medial Epicondylitis
- Triceps Tendonitis
- Cubital Tunnel Syndromes
- Pronator Teres Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Guyon’s Tunnel Syndrome
For each of the above conditions, the following will be discussed:
- History & Progression
- Main Biomechanical Contributions
- Relevant Orthopedic & Manual Tests
- Neurological Influences of:
- Vestibular System
- Visual System
- Proprioceptive System
- Examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned conditions and their central neurological influences.
- Treatment of the above conditions using effective “Pain Resets”
The Benefit to You:
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Florida, California, Arizona, Texas, Minnesota, Washington, Oregon, Utah, Massachusetts, Indiana, Colorado, Delaware, Connecticut, Montana, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alberta, Canada.
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
The tuition for each module is $699. If one registers 45 days early, you will receive an early-bird discount and tuition will be $599. We also offer a pre-payment option, this allows you to save $745 if you register for all 5 modules at once.
June 23, 2018
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
June 24, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue: TBA - Calgary, Canada
This series will be held in Calgary, Canada. The venue is to be determined at this time. You will receive an email as soon as the location is announced.