The Neurological Reset for the Hips and Lower Extremity Seminar focuses on orthopedic conditions involving the hips and lower extremity. It also focuses on the influences of various neurological systems for the onset and promotion of these conditions.
How we stand and move throughout our environment is the product of our neurology and biomechanics. Abnormalities in how these systems function and integrate can produce biomechanical faults which may manifest as painful syndromes. Participant practitioners in this seminar will come away with an increased understanding of neurological & biomechanical dysfunctions often associated with specific musculoskeletal conditions, and a firm understanding of the effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Weakness and Tendonitis involving the Gluteus Medius & Maximus
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Hip Joint Osteoarthritis
- Greater Trochanter Bursitis
- Meralgia Paresthetica
- Chronic Hamstring Tightness with associated strains.
- Patellar Tracking Issues “Chondromalacia Patella”
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Medial Collateral Knee Joint Pain
- Lateral Collateral Knee Joint Pain
- Shin Splints
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Morton’s Neuromas
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Peroneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome at the fibular head
For each of the above conditions, the following will be discussed:
- History & Progression
- Main Biomechanical Contributions
- Relevant Orthopedic & Manual Tests
- Neurological Influences of:
- Vestibular System
- Visual System
- Proprioceptive System
- Examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned conditions and their central neurological influences.
- Treatment of the above conditions using “neurological resets”
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- rehabilitative exercise
- advanced muscle techniques
- dermal tissue strategies
- joint manipulation techniques
- vision system training
- sensory system applications
- vestibular system rehabilitation
- neurological layering techniques
- Neurodynamic Techniques
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Florida and Minnesota.
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
August 4, 2018
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
August 5, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue: HB Ninety Hotel
Venue Phone: +55 11 3055-6800
Venue Website: http://www.hbhotels.com.br/Address:
HB Hotels is a solid hotel manager that stands out for its amazing hospitality concepts and experience, with more than two decades of hotel operations. The HB Hotels Slogan "Managing your well being" represents the concern with excellence in its services in all areas, always seeking the well-being of its guests, investors, condominiums and their talents. The amazing services and outstanding results-based management method make HB Hotels a differentiated and relevant manager in the market. The accumulated experience comes from the beginning of its operations in 1988, although before that, its founder Hermes Beznos has already acted in several areas of tourism with advice and advice, including conducting economic feasibility studies for important projects such as Anhembi Park in São Paulo and the city of Varadero in Cuba. Today, responsible for the management of HB Hotels Sequóia in Alphaville and HB Hotels Ninety in Jardins, HB Hotels has been gaining recognition for its services and its constant commitment to managing wellness.