Gait abnormalities can often promote your patient’s musculoskeletal conditions. Fixing gait is one of the most efficient ways to get your patient out of pain and to reinforce the positive changes you are creating.
This seminar focuses on the most common gait abnormalities and how these influence the development and maintenance of various musculoskeletal disorders.
As a participant, you will learn about the influences of higher brain centers on promoting gait abnormalities. You will learn how the proprioceptive, vestibular and visual systems influence gait and how dysfunction in those systems promotes abnormal gait patterns. After learning how to identify the abnormal gait patterns and the central influences you will learn effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
What You Will Learn:
- Development of Balance & Gait Control
- The Neural Substrates Involved in Human Gait
- Gait Initiation & Termination
- Nature of Cognitive Spatial Maps
- The 8 Classification of Balance & Gait
- The 5 Ankle & Foot Deviations
- The 6 Sagittal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 2 Coronal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 7 Hip Deviations
- Pelvis & Trunk Deviations
- The 2 Sagittal Plane Deviations
- The 3 Coronal Plane Deviations
- The 2 Transverse Plane Deviations
- The observational and examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned deviations.
- Treatment of the above deviations using “Neurological Resets”
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Florida, Oregon, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Montana, Indiana, Washington, Delaware, Utah, Massachusetts, Colorado, and Connecticut.
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
October 6, 2018 - October 7, 2018
October 7, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue: HB Ninety Hotel
Venue Phone: +55 11 3055-6800
Venue Website: http://www.hbhotels.com.br/Address:
HB Hotels is a solid hotel manager that stands out for its amazing hospitality concepts and experience, with more than two decades of hotel operations. The HB Hotels Slogan "Managing your well being" represents the concern with excellence in its services in all areas, always seeking the well-being of its guests, investors, condominiums and their talents. The amazing services and outstanding results-based management method make HB Hotels a differentiated and relevant manager in the market. The accumulated experience comes from the beginning of its operations in 1988, although before that, its founder Hermes Beznos has already acted in several areas of tourism with advice and advice, including conducting economic feasibility studies for important projects such as Anhembi Park in São Paulo and the city of Varadero in Cuba. Today, responsible for the management of HB Hotels Sequóia in Alphaville and HB Hotels Ninety in Jardins, HB Hotels has been gaining recognition for its services and its constant commitment to managing wellness.