Dr. Adam Klotzek
Dr. Freddys Garcia
Gait abnormalities can often promote your patient’s musculoskeletal conditions. Fixing gait is one of the most efficient ways to get your patient out of pain and to reinforce the positive changes you are creating.
This seminar focuses on the most common gait abnormalities and how these influence the development and maintenance of various musculoskeletal disorders.
As a participant, you will learn about the influences of higher brain centers on promoting gait abnormalities. You will learn how the proprioceptive, vestibular and visual systems influence gait and how dysfunction in those systems promotes abnormal gait patterns. After learning how to identify the abnormal gait patterns and the central influences you will learn effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
What You Will Learn:
- Development of Balance & Gait Control
- The Neural Substrates Involved in Human Gait
- Gait Initiation & Termination
- Nature of Cognitive Spatial Maps
- The 8 Classification of Balance & Gait
- The 5 Ankle & Foot Deviations
- The 6 Sagittal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 2 Coronal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 7 Hip Deviations
- Pelvis & Trunk Deviations
- The 2 Sagittal Plane Deviations
- The 3 Coronal Plane Deviations
- The 2 Transverse Plane Deviations
- The observational and examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned deviations.
- Treatment of the above deviations using “Neurological Resets”
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- rehabilitative exercise
- advanced muscle techniques
- dermal tissue strategies
- joint manipulation techniques
- vision system training
- sensory system applications
- vestibular system rehabilitation
- neurological layering techniques
- Neurodynamic Techniques
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States: Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
The following states have been applied for 25 Acupuncture CEU hours; Florida.
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
November 17, 2018
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
November 18, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue Phone: 403.263.7600
Venue Website: https://ramadacalgary.com/Address:
Located in the booming metropolis of Calgary, the Ramada Plaza Calgary downtown is only one hour from the beautiful Canadian Rockies to the west. Enjoy easy walking distance to local attractions, city businesses and the thriving entertainment and shopping venues nearby. As a client of the Ramada, anticipate ease in travel planning and our dedication to your comfort while you stay. Are you looking for things to do in Calgary? Check out our index of local attractions and this weekly digest of what’s happening in and around Calgary. Check our Package offers for great deals on festivals, sporting events, and opportunities to save money.
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates for the Ramada: Double Bed: $99 Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/ramada/calgary-alberta/ramada-plaza-calgary-downtown/rooms-rates?brand_id=RA&checkin_date=6/22/2018&checkout_date=6/24/2018&useWRPoints=false&children=0&group_code=1806CARRICK&adults=1&rooms=1&radius=25&brand_code=BH,DI,RA,BU,HJ,KG,MT,SE,TL,WG,WY,WT,WP,VO,DX,TM,CE,AA&PriceFilter=0-2147483647&latitude=51.0486151&longitude=-114.0708459#