Manual therapeutics are one of the quickest and most effective ways to change the function of the neuro-biomechanical system. It has been our experience that most practitioners apply manual therapies using a purely biomechanical model. By updating one’s paradigm for applying these techniques, one can achieve improved clinical outcomes.
From an anatomical and neurophysiological standpoint, it is impossible to achieve maximum human stability and performance with the presence of neuro-biomechanical dysfunction. The Manual Therapy Reset Brain-Based Approach Seminar incorporates the unification of theories in the areas of the vestibular, visual and proprioceptive systems into a systematic manual therapy approach that will maximize the results of any practitioner.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
What You Will Learn:
- The basics behind articular neurology and its clinical relevance.
- What is really needed for joint stability to occur?
- How the interplay between the proprioceptive, vestibular and visual systems promotes joint stability
- The interrelationship between nociceptors and mechanoreceptors and how an imbalance disrupts proper joint stability and function.
- Master how to quickly identify areas of imbalance in the pro and anti-nociceptive systems.
- Master what is & how to identify areas of nociceptive sensitization.
- To understand the importance of coupled biomechanical movements of joints and how this impacts manual therapy strategies.
- Why some manual therapies are not appropriate for certain conditions.
- Manual therapies that are specifically used for situations where nociceptive sensitization has occurred.
- The influences of the semicircular canals on muscle activation and the following postural patterns:
- The Anterior Canal Pattern
- The Horizontal Canal Pattern
- The Posterior Canal Pattern
- The manual therapy corrections and vestibular reset techniques to correct the above-mentioned patterns.
- The following central adaptive postural patterns and the corrective strategies that go with them:
- The 2 Types of Cerebellar Adaptive Postural Patterns
- Cortical Adaptive Postural Pattern
- Midbrain Adaptive Postural Pattern
- Pontomedullary Adaptive Pattern
- What is velocity storage and how it influences postural alignment?
- How to quickly correct for asymmetries in the velocity storage mechanisms by using both manual and brain-based therapies.
- Manual therapies for asymmetries in the vestibular ocular reflex.
- Influences of the optokinetic system on posture and the following patterned adaptive responses:
- Right Lateral Maladaptation
- Left Lateral Maladaptation
- Upward Maladaptation
- Downward Maladaptation
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- Joint Reset techniques (one must have proper licensure to perform joint manipulations to practice these techniques)
- GTO Resets
- Isometric Reset Techniques
- Dermal Tension Reset Techniques
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
November 2, 2019
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
November 3, 2019
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue Phone: 1-321-868-6464
Venue Website: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECTAddress:
Carrick Institute: 8910 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Hotel of Choice:
Homewood Suites by Hilton 9000 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 1-321-868-1841
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates: Studio suite: 1 king bed $129 Studio suite: 2 queens $139 1 Bedroom suite: 1 king bed $139 1 Bedroom suite: 2 queen beds $149
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach Company Name: Carrick InstitutePlease note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly. Please share this link with anyone who needs to book Carrick Institute rates.
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door.Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door. Feel at home in a spacious studio or one bedroom suite at this extended-stay hotel in Cape Canaveral. Relax in the separate living area, get to work at the ergonomic desk, and cook in the kitchen; complete with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. Stay connected with free WiFi, and watch movies on the 43-inch TV. Accessible suites are also available for guests that require additional space and amenities. Every morning, enjoy a complimentary hot full breakfast, and after a busy day, relax at our complimentary evening social*, Monday - Thursday. Enjoy fantastic amenities at this all-suite hotel in Cape Canaveral, including an outdoor swimming pool, a modern fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Stock up on drinks, snacks and toiletries in our 24-hour Suite Shop, or take advantage of our complimentary grocery delivery service. Make sure you don’t run out of clean clothes during your stay with our onsite laundry facilities. Hold a small gathering or business event with a modern board room, a meeting room and contemporary A/V technology.