Professor: Dr. David Clark
This three-day immersive course will provide attendees with an effective, science-based approach to improving Brain function in children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- A flipped classroom to prepare you for the live/live-stream training
- 3-day training live with Dr. Clark
- 1 Year of access to the On-Demand recording of the module
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
The 3-day class will address all of the following critical topics:
- Neurotypical development – you have to know normal neurodevelopment in order to recognize early warning signs of ASD.
- Understand what Autism Spectrum Disorders are and are not. You’ll cut through the myths and misconceptions about ASD and be able to speak a common language with other professionals.
- The puzzle of Autistic Spectrum Disorder symptoms—what they mean and how they can guide your testing and treatment.
- Possible causes of Autism – Knowing the possible etiologies streamlines your diagnostic and treatment approach
- Risk factors for ASD
- Genetics of ASD: How much do they matter? The answer will surprise you.
- Epigenetics and ASD: Environmental influences
- SNPs and ASD – Single Nucleotide Polymoprhisms are all the rage right now…you’ll learn which SNPs—if any—are relevant to treating a child with ASD
- Vaccines and Autism – The reality of the controversial connection between Vaccines and ASD —and how to use this knowledge to efficiently prioritize treatment in ASD
- What exactly goes wrong in Autism? Learn the spectrum of Metabolic Malfunctions and how to recognize them in your patient: Gastrointestinal, Immunological, Endocrine
- What happens in the gut happens in the brain: The Gut-Brain-Gut Axis
- Bioenergetic and Mitochondrial dysfunction – The role of ATP, free radicals, and oxidative damage.
- Barrier Permeability – Leaky gut, leaky brain, leaky sinus, leaky lung: how to detect which barriers are compromised and what to do to heal them
- Gluten and Casein Sensitivity—Both are well-established problems in ASD. You’ll understand WHY they affect brain function and how to implement the GF/CF diet effectively. The opposite viewpoint will also be discussed
- Food Sensitivities — beyond gluten and dairy. Learn which foods can negatively affect brain function
- The Fungal/Yeast/Candida problem – Understand how fungi and yeast overgrowths affect brain function, and learn how to recognize the signs & symptoms of this very common problem in ASD
- Gastrointestinal infections and Bacterial Overgrowths – learn the difference between actual SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) dsybiosis and pathogenic infections.
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies and Insufficiencies
- Heavy Metal Toxicity – How many kids actually have this? Should you test? Should you treat for it?
- The role of B12, Folate, and Methylation
- The role of Autoimmunity and Immune System Dysregulation in ASD – determining the presence of this factor is critical in successful treatment of a child with ASD
- The Appropriate clinical tests to use in evaluating a child with ASD.
- You’ll learn when to order, how to order, and how to interpret the following tests:
- Blood chemistry
- Urinary Organic Acids
- Stool testing
- Food sensitivities
- Specialized testing: metals, chemicals, histamine, pyrroles
- Which ASD symptoms and behaviors reliably correlate with specific metabolic/neurochemical problems.
- The Top 4 Treatment Priorities in ASD – when you know these you’ll never get lost or confused about what to do next
- The ‘Ex Juvantibus’ Method – you’ll learn this rational and economical investigative method.
- The ASD Toolbox – you’ll have a comprehensive list of the tests, diets and supplements taught in the class that you can use as an easy reference.
- Integrated Effective Treatment Plans for managing patients with ASD. How to use specific supplementation and diets to treat and manage the wide spectrum of physiological alterations in ASD
- The most effective Diet and Supplement interventions: Dr. Clark’s 16 years of experience.
- How and When to do follow up visits and re-testing of labs (if any).
- The Long-Term vision for support of a child with ASD. Working with a child with ASD is not a short-term, acute care kind of doctor-patient relationship. The trained practitioner can be a guiding light for years in the life of a child with ASD. You’ll learn how to be that influence
- A Special Section on the PREVENTION OF ASD.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
July 27, 2018
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
July 28, 2018
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
July 29, 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue Phone: 1-321-868-6464
Venue Website: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECTAddress:
Carrick Institute: 8910 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Hotel of Choice:
Homewood Suites by Hilton 9000 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 1-321-868-1841
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates: Studio suite: 1 king bed $139 Studio suite: 2 queens $149 1 Bedroom suite: 1 king bed $159
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach Company Name: Carrick InstitutePlease note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly. Please share this link with anyone who needs to book Carrick Institute rates.
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door.Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door. Feel at home in a spacious studio or one bedroom suite at this extended-stay hotel in Cape Canaveral. Relax in the separate living area, get to work at the ergonomic desk, and cook in the kitchen; complete with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. Stay connected with free WiFi, and watch movies on the 43-inch TV. Accessible suites are also available for guests that require additional space and amenities. Every morning, enjoy a complimentary hot full breakfast, and after a busy day, relax at our complimentary evening social*, Monday - Thursday. Enjoy fantastic amenities at this all-suite hotel in Cape Canaveral, including an outdoor swimming pool, a modern fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Stock up on drinks, snacks and toiletries in our 24-hour Suite Shop, or take advantage of our complimentary grocery delivery service. Make sure you don’t run out of clean clothes during your stay with our onsite laundry facilities. Hold a small gathering or business event with a modern board room, a meeting room and contemporary A/V technology.