Module 504: Neuro-modulation of Human Performance
Your brain influences every aspect of your human and sports potential. Understanding the brain and nervous system, learning how to screen it, assess it, and how to bias its function to improve human performance is the future of human performance optimization. No longer is it just physiology, it has become neuro-physiology. No longer is it just biomechanics, it has become neuro-biomechanics. If you don’t know how to directly interface with your athlete’s nervous system, then you are missing out on the opportunity to have the MOST POWERFUL EFFECTS possible and truly UNLOCK their performance potential!
In this module, you will learn sports functional neurology from the SOURCE! We will demystify the complex world of applied clinical neuroscience, and teach you a fluid and dynamic model that is effective, repeatable, and able to apply to your athletes and clients right away. These final layers of knowledge for the Human Performance Program will magnify the power of the previous information covered in the series. Stronger. More powerful. Increased flexibility. Faster reaction time. Increase sports vision capability. Instant changes in stability. Decreases in pain perception. All of it is possible.. so can culminates in what the pros call a “flow state.” Where your opponents seem to be in slow motion and you are 2 steps ahead.
Want to tap into the power of flow state? Dr. Garcia and Dr. Clark will show you the way.
This course comprises of 2 parts, an online flipped classroom and live training component.
In this 45-hour flipped classroom and 25-hour live training module the following topics are covered:
- Foundations of neurons, glia and the action potential
- The structure and organization of the nervous system
- The cerebral cortex
- The visual system
- The vestibular system
- The somatosensory system
- Spinal control of movement
- Brain control of movement
- The link between brain firing frequency & athletic performance – Learn how neuroscience holds the key to unlocking the human potential.
- Autonomic system assessments & applications – Learn evidence-based screens and tools to assess the current state of your athlete’s nervous system – no more guessing in your training prescriptions!
- Nerve Neuromechanics & Brain-Based Exercises – Learn movement drills designed to immediately enhance performance.
- Assessments and brain-based training of reflexes for athletic development – Learn to harness the power of reflexes to instantly improve athletic movement.
- The Neurology of Flow State – Learn neuro-training to be “In the zone”.. on demand!
- Screens and brain-based training for “self-body mapping” – Anything less than PRECISE body awareness may decrease strength, speed, and may even increase the perception of pain. Assess and learn techniques to unlock body awareness for the athlete.
- Screens and brain-based training for “body-to-world mapping” – Learn how to navigate your environment with increased athletic precision by training the parts of the brain that governs body-world interaction.
- Neurology of Rhythm – Brain-based training of rhythm so your athletes can always be one step ahead of their competition.
- Mastery of Peripheral Awareness – Improve speed of athletic decision-making while attending primary, secondary and tertiary visual tasks for increased performance and athlete safety.
- Eye-Limb-Brain dominance assessment & brain-based training – Learn to optimize the brain’s control of eye-limb coordination.
- Eye discipline™ – Learn a PROVEN neuro-visual training system used by the pro’s to improve an athlete’s speed, precision, and endurance.
- Integrative models of elite performance – Review in-class examples of how the system all comes together.
The following three textbooks are fundamental for the Carrick Institute Human Performance program as they cover the basics of human physiology.
McArdle WD, Katch FI, Katch VL. Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance 8th edition. Wolters Kluver 2014
- This textbook provides a comprehensive view of the systems in the body during exercise. All topics from module 2, 3, and 4 are covered in this textbook.
Bear MF, Conners B, Paradiso M. Neuroscience – Exploring the Brain 4th edition. Wolters Kluwer 2016
- This textbook provides a comprehensive description of the structure and function of the brain and nervous system. All topics from module 5 are covered in this textbook.
Enoka RM. Neuromechanics of Human Movement 5th edition. Human Kinetics 2015.
- Building on the fundamentals, this textbook provides an in-depth look at neural and biomechanical control of human movement. It is a great addition to the works of McArdle, Katch and Katch, and Bear, Conners and Paradiso.
Note: For each flipped classroom lesson, there will be select research papers included for discussion or as supplemental material.
Continuing Education (CE) –
This module is approved for DC CEUs in the following States:
Florida, Oregon, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Montana, Indiana, Washington, Delaware, Utah, Massachusetts, Colorado, and Connecticut.
NSCA: 2.0 CEUs in Category A.
PTA Global: 24.0 CECs for the whole program
Apply for CE:
If you are in need of continuing education hours for one of the states above OR a state not listed, please fill out a CE request with the link below. Please note many states require the applications to be sent in 90 days in advance.
June 21, 2019
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
June 22, 2019
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
June 23, 2019
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue Phone: 1-321-868-6464
Venue Website: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECTAddress:
Carrick Institute: 8910 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Hotel of Choice:
Homewood Suites by Hilton 9000 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 1-321-868-1841
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates: Studio suite: 1 king bed $139 Studio suite: 2 queens $149 1 Bedroom suite: 1 king bed $159
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach Company Name: Carrick InstitutePlease note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly. Please share this link with anyone who needs to book Carrick Institute rates.
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door.Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door. Feel at home in a spacious studio or one bedroom suite at this extended-stay hotel in Cape Canaveral. Relax in the separate living area, get to work at the ergonomic desk, and cook in the kitchen; complete with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. Stay connected with free WiFi, and watch movies on the 43-inch TV. Accessible suites are also available for guests that require additional space and amenities. Every morning, enjoy a complimentary hot full breakfast, and after a busy day, relax at our complimentary evening social*, Monday - Thursday. Enjoy fantastic amenities at this all-suite hotel in Cape Canaveral, including an outdoor swimming pool, a modern fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Stock up on drinks, snacks and toiletries in our 24-hour Suite Shop, or take advantage of our complimentary grocery delivery service. Make sure you don’t run out of clean clothes during your stay with our onsite laundry facilities. Hold a small gathering or business event with a modern board room, a meeting room and contemporary A/V technology.