Mastery of the Thyroid-Brain Axis
December 1-3, 2017
Instructor: Dr. David Clark
This 25 hour clinical program is a comprehensive overview of thyroid physiology and its role in maintaining optimal function of the brain and nervous system. The specific relationship between thyroid disorders and a variety of common clinical conditions will be explored. Participants will be trained to recognize and accurately diagnose thyroid disorders in their patient populations, as well as treat these disorders successfully—even in patients already taking medication.
What you will learn at the course:
- Normal Thyroid physiology: synthesis, secretion, binding, metabolism and action
- How Thyroid hormones are manufactured and distributed throughout the body and brain
- The role of thyroid hormones in the normal development of the neuraxis
- The critical role of thyroid hormones in maintaining normal function of the Brain
- Understand the two main categories of thyroid dysfunction, and why knowing the difference will accelerate patient outcomes and compliance
- The Six Major Thyroid Pathologies, how to diagnose them and how to successfully manage them
- Thyrotoxicosis (hyperthyroidism)
- Hashimoto’s disease: thyroiditis, hypothyroidism
- Hashimoto’s: impact on cerebellum, vestibular system and Brain function
- When to suspect Thyroid cancer and the appropriate steps to take
- Understand the critical role thyroid hormone status plays in the following conditions:
- Chronic Pain
- Neurodegeneration (ie. Parkinson’s)
- Physical Examination of the Thyroid Gland
- Which laboratory tests you should order to properly assess the patient’s thyroid hormone status
- How to correctly analyze and interpret laboratory tests that assess thyroid hormone status and related organ function
- Learn Neurological exam skills that are relevant to your patient’s Thyroid status: Saccades, Anti-saccades, Tremor assessment, Gait and Ataxia, Reflexes
- Development of clinically-proven and science-based treatment plans using specific supplementation and diet to address and successfully manage patients with thyroid disorders
- How to easily integrate evaluation and treatment of thyroid disorders into your current practice
- Learn more than a single brand, learn which nutritional products or protocols would help your patient best.
Who is this class for?
This class was developed for clinicians who work with patients who are looking to find nutritional protocols and strategies to help their patients who are suffering from thyroid and thyroid related conditions. MD’s, DO’s, RN/NP, DC’s, RD’s & certified nutritionists, can attend. If you would like to attend but are not if you are eligible, please contact us via our Contact Us page.
Early-bird tuition (register 30 days before class start) : $650
Normal tuition (register within 45 days of class start) : $850
Student tuition (must be full time in doctoral program) : $250
The following states have been approved for 25 DC, CEU hours; Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Montana, Indiana, Washington, Delaware, Utah, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, and Georgia.
Early-bird and general tuition includes access to the digital on-demand version of the class for 1 year to aid in your learning.
December 1, 2017
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
December 2, 2017
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
December 3, 2017
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue Phone: 1-321-868-6464
Venue Website: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECTAddress:
Carrick Institute: 8910 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Hotel of Choice:
Homewood Suites by Hilton 9000 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 1-321-868-1841
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates: Studio suite: 1 king bed $139 Studio suite: 2 queens $149 1 Bedroom suite: 1 king bed $159
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hw/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=MLBCBHW&spec_plan=CHWCIN&arrival=20180101&departure=20181231&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach Company Name: Carrick InstitutePlease note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly. Please share this link with anyone who needs to book Carrick Institute rates.
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door.Homewood Suites by Hilton® Cape Canaveral-Cocoa Beach is ideally located just nine miles from I-95, and within one mile of Port Canaveral Cruise Port. We are also just minutes away from Cocoa Beach Florida and Kennedy Space Center. NASA, BOEING, and Lockheed Martin are just a few of the major companies located only moments from our front door. Feel at home in a spacious studio or one bedroom suite at this extended-stay hotel in Cape Canaveral. Relax in the separate living area, get to work at the ergonomic desk, and cook in the kitchen; complete with full-sized refrigerator, microwave and two burner stove. Stay connected with free WiFi, and watch movies on the 43-inch TV. Accessible suites are also available for guests that require additional space and amenities. Every morning, enjoy a complimentary hot full breakfast, and after a busy day, relax at our complimentary evening social*, Monday - Thursday. Enjoy fantastic amenities at this all-suite hotel in Cape Canaveral, including an outdoor swimming pool, a modern fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. Stock up on drinks, snacks and toiletries in our 24-hour Suite Shop, or take advantage of our complimentary grocery delivery service. Make sure you don’t run out of clean clothes during your stay with our onsite laundry facilities. Hold a small gathering or business event with a modern board room, a meeting room and contemporary A/V technology.