A Brain-Based Approach to Joint Manipulation
Level 1 of the Brain-Based Adjusting series introduces the practitioner to the fundamental concepts of treating Neurological Functional Decompensation & Brain Hemisphericity using joint manipulation and fast stretch techniques.
These fundamentals are applied in a specific manner allowing practitioners more success in treating these conditions. Learners taking this program will quickly realize that sidedness, speed, amplitude, and line of drive all matter in the central consequences of their therapies. As a practitioner who understands the relationship of these different qualities to brain activation, you will be better equipped to improve your delivery and specificity.
In summary, this program represents the summation of years of clinical work in functional neurology. It is combined with many lines of literature to produce a concise model describing how the adjustment and other manual therapies affect brain function and how to leverage that information to maximize your results.
- Hemispheric Interaction (Why Sidedness Matters)
- Brain Hemisphericity and Functional Decompensation
- Soft Pyramidal Weakness
- Diaschisis & Deafferentation influences on Brain Activity
- Joint Receptors & Range Fractionation
- Muscle Spindle Physiology
- Muscle Sensitivity & Tone Relating to Brain Output & The Adjustment
- Direct & Indirect Receptor Influence on Brain Activity
- Importance of Fuel Delivery & Its Relationship to Breathing Mechanics
- The neurological mechanisms of the chiropractic adjustment and other manual therapies.
- Palpatory/assessment techniques congruent with current clinical neuroscience and biomechanical theories.
- Biomechanical coupling and its neurological importance.
- Quick and effective examination procedures to delineate the sidedness of Functional Decompensation and or Hemisphericity.
- Coupled Upper and Lower Rib
- Qaudratus Lumborum & Iliocostalis
- Coupled Cervical Spine C2-C7 plus variations on position and thrust
- Modifying the “Rotary Break” to Hemisphericity
- Extremities for Soft Pyramidal Weakness
- Atlanto-Occipital Joint
- 1st Rib
- Posterior Rib
- Upper Thoracic Long Axis
- Coupled Lumbar Spine
- Sacroiliac Joint Specific to Hemisphericity
- Correcting For the Anterior Rotated Ilium
A significant portion of time will be devoted to “hands-on” practicing of the adjustments demonstrated as this is a learn-by-doing program and will involve covering areas of the neurological examination and adjustive procedures.
Dates & Locations
- Cape Canaveral – September 10-11, 2022
- Calgary, Canada – October 15-16, 2022
- Denver, Colorado – December 3-4, 2022
2 Day Module Tuition
Early Bird Tuition: $499
General Tuition: $599
Included in your Tuition
- 15 hours of training with Dr. Adam Klotzek
- All-Access to the digital recording of the class
- Any future updates to the course videos or other materials
- Re-attendance with an active Carrick Institute Account*
- 15 Neurology Hours towards the ACFN (American College of Functional Neurology) & ACNB (American Chiropractic Neurology Board)
- All-Access to the flipped classroom material
3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module.