- This event has passed.
231: Migraine Neurophysiology & Clinical Manifestations – **Live-Stream**
October 5 @ 9:00 AM - October 7 @ 6:00 PM EDT$1250 – $1450
Professor: Adam Harcourt
Migraine Neurophysiology & Clinical Manifestations
This course will equip you to be one of top clinicians in the field of migraine. Dr. Harcourt will be teaching you his complete 4-pillar migraine solution system, of which less than a handful of doctors in the world know at the moment. Migraine is the 6th most debilitating condition in the world and effects over 38 million Americans, with 4 million suffering from chronic migraine. Not only will you understand what modalities and treatments will make you extremely effective at managing migraine, you will also learn how all other practitioners are treating it in order to create a comprehensive management plan. I put this course together because we have patients DAILY from all over the world desperate for help (resorting to extreme measures) that we are unable to serve. Migraineurs are vastly underserved due to the complexity of the condition, which you will master by the end of this course.
This course is designed to make you a highly competent practitioner to treat migraine and migraine-related disorders. All material will be presented from the most current research available. Treatment and management approaches have been developed through experience gathered by the Carrick Institute & Dr. Harcourt through the management of over 900 migraine patient cases. When you attend the Mastering Migraine module you will be able to integrate and implement what you have learned to effectively become the top migraine clinician in your community.
. To keep the onsite live learning high quality, we are limiting the live event training to only the first 40 doctors to register.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- Flipped Classroom (13 credit hours)
- 3 days of training (25 credit hours)
- 1-year on-demand of recorded video content
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
In order to effectively treat a migraine, you must understand how it neuro-physiology so you can then decide how to solve it for the patient.
- Societal impact – Costs and Epidemiology
- Clinical manifestations and progression
- Classification – Learn to recognize which type of migraine you are addressing.
- Pathophysiology – Get clarity around what aspect of their physiology needs addressing.
- Imaging – Learn the imaging you should order or need to interpret when managing the migraine patient.
- Trigeminovascular pain pathways – Get clarity on how the trigeminovascular system is involved in migraine.
- Brainstem and thalamic projections – Learn how the interplay between the brainstem and thalamus in the migraine case and what you can do about it.
- Brainstem modulation – Learn how to assess the brainstem and then perform clinical applications to improve its function.
- Hypothalamic modulation – What regulatory functions of the body need to be monitored with migraine and how do they effect your outcomes?
- Neurotransmitter systems – Learn which neurotransmitters are involved in the migraine patient and how it relates to treatment.
- Thalamic processing of trigeminovascular pain – Learn why is pain not limited to the trigeminal distribution of the face.
- Cortical processing – Learn what parts of the cortex are involved in migraine and how to assess them.
- Autonomic dysfunction – Address the discrepancies in the literature and how you can use this information to treat patients.
- Photophobia mechanisms – How does it occur and how can you help it?
- Aura & Cortical spreading depression – Are they the same? What does CSD have to do with migraine pathology?
- Genetics – Learn what factors predetermine your likelihood of migraine and how it causes different types of migraine.
Who can attend Mastering Migraine?
This program can be attended by Functional Neurologists, Chiropractors, Medical doctors, Osteopaths, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, and Physical therapists, Massage therapists, etc. One must hold a current valid license as a healthcare provider to diagnose and treat a patient. Please contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility for this program.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
October 5, Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
October 6, Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm
October 7, Sunday 9:00am - 3:00pm