- This event has passed.
232: Migraine Building Blocks: Nutrition and Hormones – Cape Canaveral
February 8 @ 9:00 AM - February 10 @ 6:00 PM EST$1250 – $1450
Professor: Adam Harcourt
This course is designed to make you a highly competent practitioner to treat migraine and migraine-related disorders. All material will be presented from the most current research available. Treatment and management approaches have been developed through experience gathered by the Carrick Institute & Dr. Harcourt through the management of over 900 migraine patient cases. When you attend the Mastering Migraine module you will be able to integrate and implement what you have learned to effectively become the top migraine clinician in your community.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- Flipped Classroom (13 credit hours)
- 3 days of training (25 credit hours)
- 1-year on-demand of recorded video content
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
What is covered in this Mastering Migraine module:
In order to effectively treat a migraine, you must understand how it neuro-physiology so you can then decide how to solve it for the patient.
- Triggers and their role in migraine – Do triggers even exist? New research tells us why traditional wisdom may be a diversion from the actual cause.
- Nutrition & Migraine – Learn everything, including genetic components, of nutrition in migraine.
- Ketogenic, Atkins, Fasting, Vegan….what is the best diet for migraine??
- Omega 3’s and their effect on episodic migraine
- Caffeine – A harmful and helpful compound. How do we use it clinically
- B Vitamins – What are the vitamin correlates?
- Genetic base of nutrition, is there a method to the food sensitivity madness??
- Month by Month nutritional guidelines for successful migraine outcomes
- Antioxidants – Dealing with inflammatory aspects of migraine
- Sodium intake – How and when to use salt as an adjunct for treatment
- Vitamin D deficiency and migraine – What are the vitamin D correlates?
- Stress & Hormones – How does stress effect migraine? Find out how to test and interpret lab results and prescribe proper protocols.
- Menstrual related migraine – What can be done and why is it currently being done wrong
- Stress and migraine chronification – How to stop the downward spiral
- Estrogens role in migraine – Learn how the females hormones play a role in the migraine condition.
- Trigeminal alterations in menstrual migraine patients
- The effect of puberty on migraine
- Laboratory testing of stress hormones – Learn exactly what tests are worth ordering for stress hormones and which ones to skip.
- Interpretation and protocol development of HPA Axis dysfunction
Who can attend Mastering Migraine?
This program can be attended by Functional Neurologists, Chiropractors, Medical doctors, Osteopaths, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, and Physical therapists, Massage therapists, etc. One must hold a current valid license as a healthcare provider to diagnose and treat a patient. Please contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility for this program.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
Homewood Suites by Hilton
9000 Astronaut Blvd
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Carrick Institute Corporate Room Rates:
Studio suite: $169 | Suite: $189 (January 2019 – March 2019)
Studio suite: $159 | Suite: $179 (April 2019 – December 2019)
**Please note due to the area that these rooms book quickly so we recommend to book in advance**
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group:
February 8, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
February 9, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
February 10, Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm