233: Migraine Building Blocks: Musculoskeletal and Neurological – Santa Barbara
March 13, 2020 @ 9:00 AM - March 15, 2020 @ 6:00 PM EDT$1250 – $1450
Professor: Adam Harcourt
This course is designed to make you a highly competent practitioner to treat migraine and migraine-related disorders. All material will be presented from the most current research available. Treatment and management approaches have been developed through experience gathered by the Carrick Institute & Dr. Harcourt through the management of over 900 migraine patient cases. When you attend the Mastering Migraine module you will be able to integrate and implement what you have learned to effectively become the top migraine clinician in your community.
*To keep the onsite live learning high quality, we are limiting the live event training to only the first 40 doctors to register.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- Flipped Classroom (13 credit hours)
- 3 days of training (25 credit hours)
- 1-year on-demand of recorded video content
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
What is covered in this Mastering Migraine module:
In order to effectively treat a migraine, you must understand how the musculoskeletal & nervous system play a roll in the migraine condition, and how to solve address those problems.
- Musculoskeletal components – Learn why manual therapies can be the best, or worst, treatment for migraineurs at different stages.
- Chiropractic – If and when joint manipulations would be appropriate.
- Massage – Why could massage be beneficial to the whole picture of migraine.
- Acupuncture – How does acupuncture act on the nervous system relating to migraine?
- Trigger Points – Is there a sensitization effect with migraine?
- TMS – Where and when could it be beneficial
- Surgical interventions – What types of surgical techniques are indicated for migraine, and how they can be used to manage patients long term.
- Migraine Variants – Learn how to properly treat the different types of migraine and what to look for that may have been missed.
- Vestibular – Commonly misdiagnosed, these patients suffer needlessly for years.
- Hemiplegic – Learn why clinical neuroscience is THE best treatment for this disorder
- Sleep related – Does timing of migraine change your treatment paradigm?
- Ocular – What to look for when treating these often frightening migraines.
- Neurological treatment modalities
- Which areas of the neuraxis should be examined closely
- What therapies/treatments are helpful for patients without overt functional deficits
- Concussion & Migraine – Learn how they relate and how to treat them together.
- How long after a concussion do you expect migraine to intensify
- Can concussion cause migraine by itself?
- Dizziness & Migraine – Learn why vertigo can actually be a migraine, and how to treat it properly.
Who can attend Mastering Migraine?
This program can be attended by Functional Neurologists, Chiropractors, Medical doctors, Osteopaths, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, and Physical therapists, Massage therapists, etc. One must hold a current valid license as a healthcare provider to diagnose and treat a patient. Please contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility for this program.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
March 13, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
March 14, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
March 15, Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm