234: Perfecting the Migraine Case – Santa Barbara
May 3, 2020 @ 9:00 AM - May 5, 2020 @ 6:00 PM EDT$1250 – $1450
Professor: Adam Harcourt
This course is designed to make you a highly competent practitioner to treat migraine and migraine-related disorders. All material will be presented from the most current research available. Treatment and management approaches have been developed through experience gathered by the Carrick Institute & Dr. Harcourt through the management of over 900 migraine patient cases. When you attend the Mastering Migraine module you will be able to integrate and implement what you have learned to effectively become the top migraine clinician in your community.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- Flipped Classroom (13 credit hours)
- 3 days of training (25 credit hours)
- 1-year on-demand of recorded video content
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
What is covered in this Mastering Migraine module:
Putting it all together – This will occur throughout the 4-module series, and in this module you will learn all you need to know to effectively manage the migraine patient from patient history, intake and exits exams, in office rehab protocols and at home rehab strategies.
- Outcome measures – We will learn about current outcome measures and how to use them.
- Treatment modalities
- Medications – Learn how to manage patients and their medication with their prescribing physician. This is an art in itself!
- Botox – Pros and cons of use and how it relates to our migraine model.
- Cannabis – Learn how endocannabinoids work and why they may be a better option than many medications.
- Vestibular Rehab- Review vestibular function and how it relates to a migraine.
- Visual System Modalities – Learn a simple way to assess for dysfunction and prescribe treatments for acute and management care.
- Peripheral nerve stimulation – What it is, where, and when to use it
- Nutrition – How to coach migraine patients through the nutrition aspect, and the best way effective way to wean off of caffeine!
- Hormonal approach – We will run through many labs and interpret them so you are comfortable reading the first lab you order.
- Musculoskeletal – Learn when and where to apply manual therapies, and more importantly, when not to!
- Management of migraine patients – Training patients to understand their condition
- Live cases – Throughout the whole course we will encourage you to bring cases to help everyone’s learning process.
Who can attend Mastering Migraine?
This program can be attended by Functional Neurologists, Chiropractors, Medical doctors, Osteopaths, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, and Physical therapists, Massage therapists, etc. One must hold a current valid license as a healthcare provider to diagnose and treat a patient. Please contact us if you have any questions about your eligibility for this program.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
May 1, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
May 2, Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm
May 3, Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm