- This event has passed.
721 Neurological Reset for the Hips and Lower Extremity – San Francisco
November 3 @ 9:00 AM - November 4 @ 9:00 AM EDT$599 – $699
The Neurological Reset for the Hips and Lower Extremity Seminar focuses on orthopedic conditions involving the hips and lower extremity. It also focuses on the influences of various neurological systems for the onset and promotion of these conditions.
How we stand and move throughout our environment is the product of our neurology and biomechanics. Abnormalities in how these systems function and integrate can produce biomechanical faults which may manifest as painful syndromes. Participant practitioners in this seminar will come away with an increased understanding of neurological & biomechanical dysfunctions often associated with specific musculoskeletal conditions, and a firm understanding of the effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Weakness and Tendonitis involving the Gluteus Medius & Maximus
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Hip Joint Osteoarthritis
- Greater Trochanter Bursitis
- Meralgia Paresthetica
- Chronic Hamstring Tightness with associated strains.
- Patellar Tracking Issues “Chondromalacia Patella”
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Medial Collateral Knee Joint Pain
- Lateral Collateral Knee Joint Pain
- Shin Splints
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Morton’s Neuromas
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Peroneal Nerve Entrapment Syndrome at the fibular head
For each of the above conditions, the following will be discussed:
- History & Progression
- Main Biomechanical Contributions
- Relevant Orthopedic & Manual Tests
- Neurological Influences of:
- Vestibular System
- Visual System
- Proprioceptive System
- Examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned conditions and their central neurological influences.
- Treatment of the above conditions using “neurological resets”
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- rehabilitative exercise
- advanced muscle techniques
- dermal tissue strategies
- joint manipulation techniques
- vision system training
- sensory system applications
- vestibular system rehabilitation
- neurological layering techniques
- Neurodynamic Techniques
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
November 3, Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm
November 4, Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Oyster Point Room