722 Gait & Neurology: Reset the Body – Brazil
March 9, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - March 10, 2019 @ 9:00 AM EST$599 – $699
Gait abnormalities can often promote your patient’s musculoskeletal conditions. Fixing gait is one of the most efficient ways to get your patient out of pain and to reinforce the positive changes you are creating.
This seminar focuses on the most common gait abnormalities and how these influence the development and maintenance of various musculoskeletal disorders.
As a participant, you will learn about the influences of higher brain centers on promoting gait abnormalities. You will learn how the proprioceptive, vestibular and visual systems influence gait and how dysfunction in those systems promotes abnormal gait patterns. After learning how to identify the abnormal gait patterns and the central influences you will learn effective “neurological resets” to correct them.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
What You Will Learn:
- Development of Balance & Gait Control
- The Neural Substrates Involved in Human Gait
- Gait Initiation & Termination
- Nature of Cognitive Spatial Maps
- The 8 Classification of Balance & Gait
- The 5 Ankle & Foot Deviations
- The 6 Sagittal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 2 Coronal Plane Knee Deviations
- The 7 Hip Deviations
- Pelvis & Trunk Deviations
- The 2 Sagittal Plane Deviations
- The 3 Coronal Plane Deviations
- The 2 Transverse Plane Deviations
- The observational and examination skills needed to identify the above-mentioned deviations.
- Treatment of the above deviations using “Neurological Resets”
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- rehabilitative exercise
- advanced muscle techniques
- dermal tissue strategies
- joint manipulation techniques
- vision system training
- sensory system applications
- vestibular system rehabilitation
- neurological layering techniques
- Neurodynamic Techniques
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
March 9, Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm
March 10, Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm