724 Pain Reset – Brain-Based Manual Therapy – Atlanta
December 14 @ 9:00 AM - December 15 @ 9:00 AM EST$699 – $799
Dr. Adam Klotzek
Manual therapeutics are one of the quickest and most effective ways to change the function of the neuro-biomechanical system. It has been our experience that most practitioners apply manual therapies using a purely biomechanical model. By updating one’s paradigm for applying these techniques, one can achieve improved clinical outcomes.
From an anatomical and neurophysiological standpoint, it is impossible to achieve maximum human stability and performance with the presence of neuro-biomechanical dysfunction. The Manual Therapy Reset Brain-Based Approach Seminar incorporates the unification of theories in the areas of the vestibular, visual and proprioceptive systems into a systematic manual therapy approach that will maximize the results of any practitioner.
This module moves beyond just making an appropriate diagnosis, but rather focuses on how to get the patient out of pain as quickly and effectively as possible using a neuro-biomechanical model.
What You Will Learn:
- The basics behind articular neurology and its clinical relevance.
- What is really needed for joint stability to occur?
- How the interplay between the proprioceptive, vestibular and visual systems promotes joint stability
- The interrelationship between nociceptors and mechanoreceptors and how an imbalance disrupts proper joint stability and function.
- Master how to quickly identify areas of imbalance in the pro and anti-nociceptive systems.
- Master what is & how to identify areas of nociceptive sensitization.
- To understand the importance of coupled biomechanical movements of joints and how this impacts manual therapy strategies.
- Why some manual therapies are not appropriate for certain conditions.
- Manual therapies that are specifically used for situations where nociceptive sensitization has occurred.
- The influences of the semicircular canals on muscle activation and the following postural patterns:
- The Anterior Canal Pattern
- The Horizontal Canal Pattern
- The Posterior Canal Pattern
- The manual therapy corrections and vestibular reset techniques to correct the above-mentioned patterns.
- The following central adaptive postural patterns and the corrective strategies that go with them:
- The 2 Types of Cerebellar Adaptive Postural Patterns
- Cortical Adaptive Postural Pattern
- Midbrain Adaptive Postural Pattern
- Pontomedullary Adaptive Pattern
- What is velocity storage and how it influences postural alignment?
- How to quickly correct for asymmetries in the velocity storage mechanisms by using both manual and brain-based therapies.
- Manual therapies for asymmetries in the vestibular ocular reflex.
- Influences of the optokinetic system on posture and the following patterned adaptive responses:
- Right Lateral Maladaptation
- Left Lateral Maladaptation
- Upward Maladaptation
- Downward Maladaptation
Types of Techniques that will be Taught
- rehabilitative exercise
- advanced muscle techniques
- dermal tissue strategies
- joint manipulation techniques
- vision system training
- sensory system applications
- vestibular system rehabilitation
- neurological layering techniques
- Neurodynamic Techniques
Benefits for the attendees of the Pain Reset Series
- Accuracy – Know exactly where to focus your energy to maximize the results for your patients.
- Speed – Learn techniques that can sometimes yield instantaneous results for your patients.
- Reproducible – Learn a model that is fluid and dynamic that can be applied to patients commonly seen in the clinical setting.
- Results – The opportunity to have the clinical outcomes and practice you always dreamed of.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
December 14, 9:00am – 6:00pm
December 15, 9:00am – 3:00pm