824 Clinical Applications of Joint Manipulation – Chicago, IL
November 3 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EDT$499 – $599.00
Instructor: Professor Frederick Carrick
824 / 924 – Clinical Applications of Joint Manipulation: Hands-on Technique
This is a special module that is presented by Prof Frederick R Carrick. He has developed manipulative/adjusting techniques over the last 4 decades that are utilized by clinicians throughout the world. Our participants will learn skills that have contributed to Prof Carrick’s global reputation in the diagnosis and treatment of complex neurological syndromes. This work has been the subject of the PBS Emmy Award-winning documentary Waking up the Brain: Amazing Adjustments as well as countless primetime television and major newspaper and journal articles. Prof Carrick has been referred to as the “Doctor to the Stars” in the press for his work with celebrities, professional, collegiate and Olympic athletes. These skills are a major component of this success and our learners will be blessed to study with Prof Carrick personally.
Our program is a hands-on practical training module designed for clinicians that desire to master the manipulation/adjusting techniques of the spine and extremities. We have designed this program to promote maximum skill acquisition by our participants who will learn the techniques necessary to perform high-velocity low-amplitude (HVLA) manipulation/adjusting of the spine and extremities in a safe and competent fashion. Participants will be immersed in practical application learning scenarios based upon a neurological model of health care.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the indications and contra-indications of spinal and extremity manipulation/adjustment of joints.
• Utilize techniques that are specific to the doctor’s individual body type.
• Utilize techniques that are specific to the patient’s individual body type and neurological status.
• Utilize neurological diagnostic skills in the choice of manipulative/adjustive therapy applications.
• Understand neurological signs that would dictate the areas of manipulation/adjustment and be able to measure the consequences of these therapies.
• Understand the integration of head and eye movements and their role in manipulation/adjustment of the spine.
• Learn and perform coupled manipulations/adjustments to the cervical spine, thoracic spine, lumbar spine and sacro-iliac joints.
• Learn and perform manipulations/adjustments to the temporomandibular joint, sternocostal, costovertebral and costotransvers rib joints, shoulder joints, clavicles, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, and foot.
This program of study is central to the hands-on manipulation/adjusting of joints without the use of instrumentation or anesthesia. Our program is designed to promote maximum skill acquisition in high-velocity low-amplitude (HVLA) manipulation/adjusting techniques by the practicing clinician. The participant will be immersed in practical application learning scenarios based upon a neurological model of health care.
*All attendees are required to be a Licensed Chiropractor or Chiropractic Student to attend this specialty module.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
Prerequisites & Education Tracks :
November 3, 2018 9:00am – 6:00pm
Hotel Information Below