Professor : Dr. Frederick Carrick
- Grading systems
- Signs and symptoms
- Clinical examination procedures
- Cognitive and emotional consequences of MTBI
- The mechanism of brain injury due to trauma
- The pathophysiology of MTBI
- Diagnostic procedures
- Prevention of concussion and societal consequences
- Treatment parameters and introduction to brain and vestibular rehabilitation
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Second-impact syndrome
Introduction to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion On Demand Program. On Demand continuing education count towards neurology hours for the ACNB and ACFN. Eligibility for state hours is on a state by state basis, please know your state’s laws when applying for continuing education hours for on-demand courses.
Credit Hours: This module is eligible for 25 credit hours and is part of the 350 hour mTBI/Concussion program.