Benefits of the Neurochemistry and Nutrition Program
- All recommendations are based on published literature and clinical experience supporting your evidence based practice.
- No disclosures.
- Brand neutral. This program was designed to teach you exactly what will help your patients using a broad spectrum of nutriceuticals from multiple sources.
- Dr. Clark is a full-time solo practitioner, with a very successful practice who’s treatment protocols are evidence based and have been tested on the field. He has worked with a wide range of neurological, endocrine and immune system problems with consistent and reproducible results.
- Practice management – In addition to learning which protocols will help your patient best, also learn from the instructor how a true functional medicine clinic (structural care + neurological care + nutrition) is implemented as a cash practice with a logistical and methodical implementation plan that you can begin to implement into your practice right away.
- Generate another revenue stream in an ethical manner. On average, the instructor distributes $25,000/month of supplementation from various companies using protocols that genuinely help patients.
- Attendees will be taught a way to think, understand & apply neurochemistry and nutrition for their patients, rather than pathways or protocols to memorize.
- This program series will focus on natural, non-pharmacological methods that are within your scope of practice.
- Case-based learning…this is practice for the real world.
- Each module will provide actionable, implementable intake, diagnostic and treatment procedures that you can begin using immediately.
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Program Outline
Module 1 – Core concepts and principles of Clinical Neurochemistry
- Neuron and synapse structure and physiology
- The internal biochemical environment of the neuron
- Neural Membranes
- Neuron biogenergetics
- Disorders of the membranes, energetics, and neurotransmission
- Physical and neurological examination correlates
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Epilepsies, Stroke, Pain
Module 2 – The Four Systemic Metabolic Priorities that Affect Neuron Health and Function
- Iron and Red Blood Cell Chemistry
- Blood Sugar regulation and Adrenal Gland physiology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal physiology
- Physical & Neurological examination correlates
- How to use Laboratory Testing
- Clinical Conditions Discussed: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Fatigue, Anemias, Hepatic Biotransformation, Adrenal dysfunction
Module 3 – Systems Neurochemistry
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Junction
- Basal Ganglia
- Limbic System
- Vestibular System
- Clinical Conditions discussed: BPPV, Chronic dizziness & dysequilibrium, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Insomnia, Peripheral Neuropathies
Module 4 – Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation
- The Immune-Neuroendocrine Network
- Cytokine Receptors and Production in the Brain
- Effects of Cytokines on Brain Function
- Effects of Immune System on Brain Neurochemistry
- Regulation of the Inflammatory Response in the Brain
- Neuroimmune Cross Talk
- Role of Glia in CNS inflammation
- Autoimmune processes in the Central Nervous System
- The inflammatory component of Neurodegeneration
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Multiple Sclerosis, Demyelinating conditions, Depression, Migraine, CRPS, TBI, Intestinal Permeability, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Autism
Module 5 – Neurodegeneration
- β amyloid
- α synuclein
- Neurofibrillary tangles
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Necrosis and apoptosis – cell death and survival
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, excitotoxicity, oxidative stress
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Dementia, Encephalopathies, TBI, Autism
Module 6 – Review & Clinical Applications of Core Concepts & Principles
- In this last module, we will weave all previous modules together into a robust and flexible diagnostic and treatment model utilizing what we’ve been talking about all along:
- Neurochemistry principles
- Patient History
- Physical/Neurological examination
- Lab Testing
- Diet modification
- This module serves as an excellent overview in preparation for the certification examination