Faculty: Dr. Adam Harcourt
Migraine Building Blocks: Nutrition and Hormones
In order to effectively treat a migraine, you must understand how nutrition and hormones play a roll in the migraine condition, and how to solve those problems.
- Triggers and their role in migraine – Do triggers even exist? New research tells us why traditional wisdom may be a diversion from the actual cause.
- Nutrition & Migraine – Learn everything, including genetic components, of nutrition in migraine.
- Ketogenic, Atkins, Fasting, Vegan….what is the best diet for migraine??
- Omega 3’s and their effect on episodic migraine
- Caffeine – A harmful and helpful compound. How do we use it clinically
- B Vitamins – What are the vitamin correlates?
- Genetic base of nutrition, is there a method to the food sensitivity madness??
- Month by Month nutritional guidelines for successful migraine outcomes
- Antioxidants – Dealing with inflammatory aspects of migraine
- Sodium intake – How and when to use salt as an adjunct for treatment
- Vitamin D deficiency and migraine – What are the vitamin D correlates?
- Stress & Hormones – How does stress effect migraine? Find out how to test and interpret lab results and prescribe proper protocols.
- Menstrual related migraine – What can be done and why is it currently being done wrong
- Stress and migraine chronification – How to stop the downward spiral
- Estrogens role in migraine – Learn how the females hormones play a role in the migraine condition.
- Trigeminal alterations in menstrual migraine patients
- The effect of puberty on migraine
- Laboratory testing of stress hormones – Learn exactly what tests are worth ordering for stress hormones and which ones to skip.
- Interpretation and protocol development of HPA Axis dysfunction
Credit Hours: 13 hours of flipped classroom and 25 neurology hours.
This class is the 2nd part in a 4 part series. To learn more about the entire Mastering Migraine Program, please click here.