Dr. Garcia interviewed Dr. Nelson on September 16th, 2016 for this podcast interview. They discussed HRV (heart rate variability) and its clinical applications in human performance enhancement and healthcare.
In this podcasts, Dr. Nelson reference some resources. We have linked you up to these resources for ease of use.
- Strap for HR and HRV http://www.myithlete.com/
- Finger sensor for HRV only through My-Ithlete http://www.myithlete.com/
- Dr. Nelson’s favorite HRV app http://www.myithlete.com/
- Another option for HRV app: Elite HRV http://www.elitehrv.com
- Another option for HRV app: HRV4Training http://www.hrv4training.com
Dr. Mike T. Nelson CSCS has spent 18 years of his life learning how the human body works, specifically focusing on the area of metabolism and heart rate variability. He has a PhD in Exercise Physiology from the University of Minnesota, a MS in Mechanical Engineering (biomechanics) from Michigan Tech and a BA in Natural Science. He’s an instructor for Globe University and has published research in both physiology and engineering peer reviewed journals. Dr. Mike is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Society of Nutrition, the National Strength and Conditioning Association, and a board member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. He has worked with athletes from around the world both online and in person. He’s even been called in to share his techniques with top military agencies, physicians, personal trainers, and athletes of all types across North America.