Acupuncture & Functional Neurology – The Integration of Chinese Medicine & Clinical Neuroscience
Presented by: Dr. Amy Moll, DAOM, LAc, Dipl. OM (NCCAOM)
Carrick Institute is proud to bring you an exciting new event: Acupuncture & Functional Neurology – The Integration of Chinese Medicine and Clinical Neuroscience taught by Dr. Amy Moll, Assistant Professor of Acupuncture! This program was designed for the Acupuncturist/Chinese medicine practitioner who wants to begin implementing functional neurology in their clinical practice.
Patient healthcare is becoming increasingly more complex as patients are simultaneously experiencing a multitude of illnesses, disorders, and disease. Neurological disorders are on the rise in all age groups and neurodegenerative diseases are showing up in adults earlier than previously seen. Additionally, many of the conditions that acupuncturists treat on a daily basis are influenced by the nervous system. The modern acupuncturist must know how to assess and influence the nervous of their patients, and this program will teach you to do that with the tools you have and new tools we will be adding to your toolbox.
Following this 2-day course, that is both lecture and hands-on practice, learners will have new methods for assessing patients and increased confidence in working with patients with neurologically influenced disorders. This Carrick Institute course will enhance your effectiveness through the integration of applied clinical neuroscience, functional neurology, and Chinese medicine. Bring your practice to a whole new level of skill and expertise.
The 2-day class will address all of the following critical topics:
- Functional neurology as an integral aspect of Chinese medicine
- Introduction of the concept of longitudinal levels of lesion
- Functions of the lobes of the brain
- Clinical assessments for the frontal lobes, cerebellum, and brainstem
- Practice sessions for bedside examination techniques
- Clinical applications of a cranial nerve exam
- Case studies
- Clinical gems
- Modern brain imaging research in acupuncture
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Receive:
- Flipped classroom available in your on-demand coursework
- 15-neurology hours towards the ACFN Neurology Fellowship
- 1 Year of access to the On-Demand recording of the module.
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
Early-bird tuition (register more 45 days before module start): $499
General tuition (register less than 45 days before module start): $599
Event Dates and Times
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend this module for?
– While this module was specifically created those who practice acupuncture or Chinese medicine, all healthcare practitioners are eligible to attend this module.
Will this course be live-streamed?
– Yes, scholars can attend this program via internet live-stream on the Cape Canaveral dates. This allows you to join the live class with high-definition video and audio on a computer or mobile device with a strong internet connection. When attending via live-stream, you can interact with the professor and classmates, ask questions, etc. It is a very popular option for those who cannot join us in person and want to have an interactive experience.
Can I receive neurology credit hours for this program?
– This module is eligible for 15 hours towards the fellowship from the American College Functional Neurology (ACFN).
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
Register for Event
There are no upcoming events at this time.