Mastery of QEEG and Neurofeedback
Presented by: Dr. Robert Thatcher
The application of neuroscience in healthcare as a paradigm is growing at an incredibly fast pace and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The modern clinician knows they need a multimodal approach for creating positive plasticity in their patients. QEEG assessments & Neurofeedback rehabilitation are the perfect addition to your toolbox.
Mastery of QEEG ANd Neurofeedback
Dr. Robert Thatcher is recognized as a world expert in both conventional electroencephalography and quantitative electroencephalography (QEEG). He is the author of over 200 publications, including eight books. His most recent books are “Z Score Neurofeedback: Clinical Applications” and the “Handbook of Quantitative Electroencephalography and EEG Biofeedback”, 2nd Edition.
The team at the Carrick Institute and Dr. Thatcher have joined forces to create a one-of-a-kind educational program that is comprehensive and designed for clinicians who implement clinical neuroscience in their practice. Scholars will learn the science of EEG/QEEG, how to correlate brain network dysfunction to patient symptoms, and how to apply neurofeedback as part of a rehabilitative strategy. The goal is to create elite clinicians who have a multi-modal approach to solving their patient’s conditions.
Additionally, this program is designed to educate beginners and more advanced students to learn how to pass the International Carric QEEG/Neurofeedback (ICQN) Certification Exam and other certification board requirements. The goal is to “teach to the test,” where the test is designed to educate and empower clinicians to help patients and for students to learn the fundamentals of QEEG and Neurofeedback. Attendees will learn about the best practices with a broad exposure to the current state of the art in QEEG assessment and EEG Biofeedback. The workshop will also be “hands-on” where attendees can follow the instruction in real-time by downloading a free Neuroguide Demo. Also, attendees will be given a free ebook version of the “Handbook of QEEG and EEG Biofeedback” (www.anipublshing.com). An example of a certification exam that will guide the content of the workshop is the ICQN certification exam which is made up of seven parts.
Learn about the Mastery of QEEG and Neurofeedback program from Dr. Thatcher and Dr. Garcia
Scholars Will Learn
- Learn how to start with the patient’s clinical history and symptoms and hypothesize likely brain networks that are linked to the patient’s clinical history.
- Learn how to import digital EEG data and to visually examine the EEG tracings and how to eliminate artifact and achieve test re-test reliability > 0.9
- Learn how to examine EEG traces and dynamically link visual events in the EEG tracings to the QEEG
- Learn how and why to re-montage (average reference, Laplacian, Bipolars, common reference, etc.).
- Learn how to avoid bias in the selections of EEG for QEEG analysis.
- Learn how to eliminate the effects of medication by using the Laplacian transform and sLORETA and swLORETA.
- Learn about the standards for the creation of a reference database necessary to compute Z scores
- Learn how to use sLORETA and swLORETA to confirm localization hypotheses to link“weak” functional systems to symptoms
- Learn how to interpret power, coherence, and phase delays in terms of convergent anatomical information and again link to the patient’s symptoms.
- Learn how Functional Connectivity (coherence, lagged coherence, phase differences) differs from Effective Connectivity (phase-slope index)
- Learn about Cross-Frequency Coupling (e.g., cross-frequency coherence, cross-frequency phase-amplitude coupling, cross-frequency power, etc.)
- Learn how to interpret discriminant functions and to hypothesize links between the discriminant function and the patient’s clinical history.
- Learn how to use the Automatic Clinical Report Writer (ACR) to produce a clinic report
- Learn about the differences between LORETA, sLORETA, and swLORETA
- Learn how to use swLORETA for assessment and Neurofeedback protocol generation
- Learn how swLORETA uses Diffusion Tensor Imaging to evaluate functional and effective connectivity
- Learn how to use Real-Time swLORETA
- Learn how to use swLORETA time domain capture to examine brief events in the EEG
- Learn how to immediately begin Neurofeedback in the same session using a Symptom Check List to generate a NFB protocol
- Learn how to use the symptom checklist to hypothesize “weak” vs. “compensatory” brain systems and to create a QEEG biofeedback protocol
- Learn how to use Brain-Computer-Interface methods such as the BrainSurfer
- Learn about neural Network neurofeedback of current density, s and swLORETA coherence, phase differences, and phase reset
- Learn how to compute t-tests and the analysis of variance to compare pre vs. post-treatment effects
- Learn how to use NeuroLink self-assessment on PCs, Tablets, and Smartphones and how to seamlessly link symptoms to dysregulation in brain networks
- Learn how to use Remote/Virtual Internet assessment and treatment methods and expand your practice
- Section 1: Editing Raw EEG / Artifacts
- Section 2: Drug Effect
- Section 3: Montages and Spectral and Topographic Aspects of the EEG
- Section 4: Database Analysis
- Section 5: Linking Symptoms to Dysregulated Brain Networks
- Section 6: Applications of QEEG in Neurofeedback
- Section 7: Practicum on EEG recording and Neurofeedback
FAQ: Hardware and Software Requirements for QEEG and Neurofeedback
Early-Bird Tuition: $1250 (must register 30 days before class)
General Tuition: $1450 (if registering within 30 days of class)
Included in Your Tuition
- 30 hours of training with Dr. Robert Thatcher.
- All-access to the digital recording of the class
- Any future updates to the course videos or other materials
- 30 Neurology Hours towards the ACFN (American College of Functional Neurology) & ACNB (American Chiropractic Neurology Board) with each module
- Access to the flipped classroom with lifetime updates
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
*Scholars will receive CEU & neurology hours upon their first completion of the module. Any re-attendance is considered an audit. Scholars must maintain an active account to receive benefits.
Re-attendance policy: Scholars who have registered and completed a course after December 2019 have the ability to re-attend the course with no additional fee. When re-attending a course, the scholar will not receive continuing education credits and will receive an audit. Carrick Institute is not responsible for providing new materials for class audits, including but not limited to manuals, shirts, equipment, etc. If manuals have been updated since the original attendance date, the updated materials will be available via PDF on the scholar’s online portal. If the scholar would like to purchase a new paper manual, they may do so before the course start date.
To view full Terms & Conditions, click here.
Neurological Examination for the Acupuncture Clinician$999.00 Add to cart
NEW for 2021 – Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson$499.00 Add to cart