Neuroscience Research Update
The Carrick Institute is proud to announce a new series designed to help clinicians stay current in the neuroscience research that comes out every year. This new program will also serve to help those keep their fellow and diplomate status with their respective organizations.
In this program, Carrick Institute faculty will pull from the recent research to analyze and dissect it so you can stay up to date with quickly evolving field of neuroscience in healthcare.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation as an Early Intervention in Athletes Who are Post-concussion: A Systematic Review
- Current Evidence on the Role of the Gut Microbiome in ADHD Pathophysiology and Therapeutic Implications
- COVID-19 and cognitive impairment: neuroinvasive and blood‒brain barrier dysfunction
- Effect of different types of exercise in adult subjects with fibromyalgia: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised clinical trials
- Functional neurological disorder: new subtypes and shared mechanisms
- Tongue acupuncture for the treatment of post-stroke dysphagia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Saccadic Eye Movement in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Alpha-synuclein in skin as a high-quality biomarker for Parkinson’s disease
- Reduced Gain and Shortened Time Constant of Vestibular Velocity Storage as a Source of Balance and Movement Sensitivities in Gravitational Insecurity
- Effect of Probiotic Bifidobacterium breve in Improving Cognitive Function and Preventing Brain Atrophy in Older Patients with Suspected Mild Cognitive Impairment
- A systematic literature review on the role of glial cells in the pathomechanisms of migraine
- White Matter Structural Connectivity and Its Impact on Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures
- Expression and function of estrogen receptors and estrogen-related receptors
- Changes in serum brain-derived neurotrophic factor following supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids: A systematic review and Meta-Regression analysis
- DMT-x series- effects of extended DMT on neurology
- Pharmacokinetics of N,N-dimethyltryptamine in Humans
- Acute effects of intravenous DMT in a randomized placebo-controlled study in healthy participants
- The effect of a 2 week ketogenic diet, versus a carbohydrate-based diet, on cognitive performance, mood and subjective sleepiness during 36 h of extended wakefulness in military personnel: An exploratory study
- Orally Active Forms of DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and Long-Acting MDMA for the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders
- A century of research on psychedelics: A scientometric analysis on trends and knowledge maps of hallucinogens, entactogens, entheogens and dissociative drugs
- Strength gains after 12 weeks of resistance training correlate with neurochemical markers of brain health in older adults: a randomized control 1H-MRS study
- Effects of Astaxanthin, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin on Eye-Hand Coordination and Smooth-Pursuit Eye Movement after Visual Display Terminal Operation in Healthy Subjects: A Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Intergroup Trial
- Exploratory investigation of a patient-informed low-dose psilocybin pulse regimen in the suppression of cluster headache: Results from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial
- “Heads Up” for Creatine Supplementation and its Potential Applications for Brain Health and Function
- Ayahuasca’s therapeutic potential: What we know – and what not
- Medicinal cannabis improves sleep in adults with insomnia: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study
- Psychedelics and neuroplasticity
- Psychedelics promote plasticity by directly binding to BDNF receptor TrkB | Nature Neuroscience
- Towards an understanding of psychedelic-induced neuroplasticity
- Psychedelics and Neuroplasticity: A Systematic Review Unraveling the Biological Underpinnings of Psychedelics
- N, N-dimethyltryptamine and Amazonian ayahuasca plant medicine
- Delta-8-THC: Delta-9-THC’s nicer younger sibling
- Effects of Creatine Supplementation on Brain Function and Health
- Is the Brain Undernourished in Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Cannabis and pain: a scoping review
- Effects of creatine supplementation on memory in healthy individuals: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Evaluating the Potential Use of Serotonergic Psychedelics in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Effects of Cannabis in Parkinson’s Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Long COVID and long chain fatty acids (LCFAs): Psychoneuroimmunity implication of omega-3
- The Putative Role of Astaxanthin in Neuroinflammation Modulation: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential
- The potential pharmacological mechanisms of β-hydroxybutyrate for improving cognitive functions
- Intake of Flavonoids and Flavonoid-Rich Foods and Mortality Risk Among Individuals With Parkinson Disease: A Prospective Cohort Study
- Fish Oil
- Nutritional factors in sport-related concussion
- Effects of far infrared light on Alzheimer’s
- Nutraceuticals Against Sports-Related Brain Injury
- Photobiomodulation on Parkinson disease
- Global, regional and national burden of traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Aerobic Exercise and Sport-Related Concussion
- Management of Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Modulation of Brain Networks and Intensity of Exercise
- Yoga Effects on Brain Health
- Empathic Responses Following Brain Injury
- Stress and Transcendental Meditation practice
- Acute vestibular migraine and noninvasive vagus nerve stimulation
- Neurofeedback Control of Spatial Attention
- Neurofeedback and ADHD
- Anxiety and Sleep
- Creatine and Depression
- Insulin Sensitivity and Memory in Obesity
- Ketogenic Diet and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Ketones and Migraines
- Brain Glucose Metabolism: Integration of Energetics with Function.
- Heat Therapy for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases
- L-Theanine in Stress and Cognition
- Saunas and Cardiac Autonomics
- Mediterranean-ketogenic diet and Alzheimer’s disease
- Untangling the relationship between fat distribution, nutritional status, and Parkinson’s disease severity
- Oxidant/antioxidant balance and Migraine
Who is this Program for?
This program is for clinicians seeking to stay current on the topic of neuroscience as it comes out in the research, as applied to healthcare. This program also satisfies the requirements for those seeking to re-certify for their neurology fellowships or diplomates.
Review Research with the 8-Step Analysis
In order for us to obtain the most important information we need from the research to apply the information clinically, we will be discussing each paper with the 8-step analysis:
- What type of study is it?
- What’s the question the authors want to be answered?
- Was there prior work that lead to the study?
- What methods were used?
- What were the results?
- How were the results interpreted?
- What was concluded (eg. clinical relevance)?
- Are the results/conclusion convincing?
and MOST IMPORTANTLY what this research means for how you treat your patients. From research to application.
General Tuition: $499
Included in Your Tuition
- Access to the flipped classroom
- A bibliography listing for each paper that is reviewed
- All-Access to the digital recording
- 15 Neurology credit hours towards your ACFN or ACNB certifications
- 3 months unlimited Medline access upon completion of the module
Neuroscience Research Update NRU-A with Dr. Norman Hoffman 2023$499.00 Add to cart
Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson 2023$499.00 Add to cart
Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson 2022$499.00 Add to cart
2021 Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson$499.00 Add to cart