Neuroscience Research Update
The Carrick Institute is proud to announce a new series designed to help clinicians stay current in the neuroscience research that comes out every year. This new program will also serve to help those keep their fellow and diplomate status with their respective organizations.
In this program, Carrick Institute faculty will pull from the recent research to analyze and dissect it so you can stay up to date with quickly evolving field of neuroscience in healthcare.
- N, N-dimethyltryptamine and Amazonian ayahuasca plant medicine
- Delta-8-THC: Delta-9-THC’s nicer younger sibling
- Effects of Creatine Supplementation on Brain Function and Health
- Is the Brain Undernourished in Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Cannabis and pain: a scoping review
- Effects of creatine supplementation on memory in healthy individuals: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Evaluating the Potential Use of Serotonergic Psychedelics in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Effects of Cannabis in Parkinson’s Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Long COVID and long chain fatty acids (LCFAs): Psychoneuroimmunity implication of omega-3
- The Putative Role of Astaxanthin in Neuroinflammation Modulation: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential
- The potential pharmacological mechanisms of β-hydroxybutyrate for improving cognitive functions
- Intake of Flavonoids and Flavonoid-Rich Foods and Mortality Risk Among Individuals With Parkinson Disease: A Prospective Cohort Study
- Fish Oil
- Nutritional factors in sport-related concussion
- Effects of far infrared light on Alzheimer’s
- Nutraceuticals Against Sports-Related Brain Injury
- Photobiomodulation on Parkinson disease
- Global, regional and national burden of traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Aerobic Exercise and Sport-Related Concussion
- Management of Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Modulation of Brain Networks and Intensity of Exercise
- Yoga Effects on Brain Health
- Empathic Responses Following Brain Injury
- Stress and Transcendental Meditation practice
- Acute vestibular migraine and noninvasive vagus nerve stimulation
- Neurofeedback Control of Spatial Attention
- Neurofeedback and ADHD
- Anxiety and Sleep
- Creatine and Depression
- Insulin Sensitivity and Memory in Obesity
- Ketogenic Diet and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Ketones and Migraines
- Brain Glucose Metabolism: Integration of Energetics with Function.
- Heat Therapy for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases
- L-Theanine in Stress and Cognition
- Saunas and Cardiac Autonomics
- Mediterranean-ketogenic diet and Alzheimer’s disease
- Untangling the relationship between fat distribution, nutritional status, and Parkinson’s disease severity
- Oxidant/antioxidant balance and Migraine
Who is this Program for?
This program is for clinicians seeking to stay current on the topic of neuroscience as it comes out in the research, as applied to healthcare. This program also satisfies the requirements for those seeking to re-certify for their neurology fellowships or diplomates.
Review Research with the 8-Step Analysis
In order for us to obtain the most important information we need from the research to apply the information clinically, we will be discussing each paper with the 8-step analysis:
- What type of study is it?
- What’s the question the authors want to be answered?
- Was there prior work that lead to the study?
- What methods were used?
- What were the results?
- How were the results interpreted?
- What was concluded (eg. clinical relevance)?
- Are the results/conclusion convincing?
and MOST IMPORTANTLY what this research means for how you treat your patients. From research to application.
General Tuition: $499
Included in Your Tuition
- Access to the flipped classroom
- A bibliography listing for each paper that is reviewed
- All-Access to the digital recording
- 15 Neurology credit hours towards your ACFN or ACNB certifications
- 3 months unlimited Medline access upon completion of the module
For more information on CE/CME eligibility, visit https://carrickinstitute.com/ceinfo/
Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson 2022$499.00 Add to cart
2021 Neuroscience Research Update NRU-B with Dr. Mike Nelson$499.00 Add to cart
Neuroscience Research Update 2020A$499.00 Add to cart
Neuroscience Research Update 2020B$499.00 Add to cart