Clinical Neuroscience Examination Bootcamp
The art of the bedside examination is becoming more prevalent in health care as a consequence of many health conditions existing with normal imaging and lab work. This is many times seen with neurological disorders in which MRI/CT may be normal. The bedside neurological examination is crucial for an accurate diagnosis in many conditions and may save some of your patients’ lives if done correctly. Many times patients present with functional disorders and a comprehensive bedside examination can help dictate the most appropriate care for your patient.
The Neurological Examination will provide a hands-on review of the physiology and examination of the different levels of the neuraxis including the various end organs, peripheral nerve, spinal cord, brain stem, cerebellum, basal ganglia, and cerebral cortex. This examination includes a cranial nerve exam, sensory and motor exam, cognitive exam, reflex examination, as well as a balance and gait exam. Detailed explanations will be provided relating to which therapies to perform relative to the examination findings. By being able to more accurately localize where your patient’s problems are occurring, you can better deliver more specific therapies that increase your clinical outcomes.
This course will provide diagnostic skills for bedside exams as well as with posturography, video-oculography, and eye-tracking.
- Bedside Examination Skills
- Assessment of the end organs
- Assessment of the peripheral nervous system
- Examination of the spinal cord
- Assessment of Gait and Posture
- Examination of the brainstem
- Examination of the Cerebellum
- Assessment and Examination of Cortical Structures
- Assessment of Reflexes
- Interpretation of video-oculography
- Assessment and interpretations using posturography
Everything you need to start formulating your treatment plans comes from an appropriately performed exam. Learn the skills you need in this 4-day bootcamp.
Early Bird Tuition (for registrations 60 days before the event): $1,450
General Tuition (for registrations within the 60 days before the event): $1,750
Included in Your Tuition
- 30 Neurology Hours
- 4 days of training via onsite, LiveStream or online self-paced learning
- LIFETIME access to the digital recording of the class
- Re-attendance for life – Retake the class on-site, via livestream or via online, self-paced learning as many times as you’d like for attendance hours.
- Access to the flipped classroom – including future updates to the course videos and other materials
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
- Access to the private Facebook group
Re-attendance policy: Scholars who have registered and completed a course after December 2019 have the ability to re-attend the course with no additional fee. When re-attending a course, the scholar will not receive continuing education credits and will receive an audit. Carrick Institute is not responsible for providing new materials for class audits, including but not limited to manuals, shirts, equipment, etc. If manuals have been updated since the original attendance date, the updated materials will be available via PDF on the scholar’s online portal. If the scholar would like to purchase a new paper manual, they may do so before the course start date.
To view full Terms & Conditions, click here.