- Interested in Doing Research?
- Submit a Case for Publication
- Research Forms
- Carrick Institute MEDLINE™ Portal
- Read the case presentation back to yourself. Is there a natural flow from presentation to discharge and follow-up? Are all decisions explained?
- unusual presentations of common cases
- inconclusive results
- grey areas in indications for treatment
- management challenges
- near misses
Title of CaseYou do not need to include “a case report” in the title – you may be cryptic if you wish. In fact, we do not want you to use the words “a case report”.
SummaryUp to 150 words summarizing the case presentation and outcome We need a good flavor of the case – emphasize the learning points.
BackgroundWhy you think this case is important – why did you write it up? Why is the case of interest to our readers? Is this a prevalent health problem? Is there a clear message?
Case PresentationPresenting features, medical / social / family history This is the patient’s story – but please be sensitive to patient confidentiality
- How did they present?
- What is the relevant history? Why is this relevant?
- Explain your findings and how they influenced your decisions.