Efferent Essentials - Advanced Skills for DDX and Treatment
Presented by: Dr. Norman Hoffman
This class is for practitioners who are looking to take their examination and treatment skills to the next level by focusing on the information that is gleaned from the efferent system and motor system. This understanding leads to higher levels of performance and interpretation, leading to improved patient assessments and outcomes. This program gives clarity around the specificity of treatment by leveraging a new exam flow that can be performed in 5 minutes, from head to toe, not previously taught in ReceptorBased Essentials or Pain Reset.
Hone Your Skills in Assessment and Treatment
For those who have taken the Carrick Institute’s foundational programs, this is a perfect next step as it builds upon the clinician’s skills in treatment and diagnosis of the level of neurological decompensation in your patients.
Efferent information from the central nervous system is one of the most valuable tools for determining the level of the lesion in complex clinical cases. This hands-on intensive course will give participants the skills to understand, perform, and interpret a neuro exam flow that can be easily implemented in clinical practice. Incorporate elements from your history, observations, and examination to know what exam procedures to perform and master your understanding of the results. This is not simply the performance of a series of memorized tests but a true understanding of why each test is important, what it means, and what to do about it.
Scholars Will Learn
- Case history skills that lead to an effective motor examination
- Protocol for observation of motor deficits
- Neuro exam patterns associated with
- patterns of prefrontal, frontal, temporal, parietal, mesencephalic, pontine, vagal, and cerebellar motor changes
- peripheral nerve entrapments
- cervical nerve roots
- lumbosacral nerve roots
- subclinical myelopathy
- Treatment options for each of these presentations
- Cross-correlation with other exam findings such as eye movements and sensory exams
- and more!
After the program, you will know –
- what is causing your patient’s problem
- which area of their nervous system may require a brain-based approach
- when NOT to use certain manual therapies
- how to more quickly ascertain whether your treatment plan is appropriate for that specific patient
- quickly find out which therapies TO LEVERAGE
- efficiently help your patients, so you don’t bog down your busy practice
Included in Your Tuition
Early-Bird Tuition: $799 (must register 60 days before class)
General Tuition: $999 (if registering within 60 days of class)
- 25 hours of training with Dr. Norman Hoffman
- All-access to the digital recording of the class
- Any future updates to the course videos or other materials
- 25 Neurology Hours towards the ACFN (American College of Functional Neurology) & ACNB (American Chiropractic Neurology Board) with each module
- Access to the flipped classroom with lifetime updates
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
*Scholars will receive CEU & neurology hours upon their first completion of the module. Any re-attendance is considered an audit. Scholars must maintain an active account to receive benefits.
Re-attendance policy: Scholars who have registered and completed a course after December 2019 have the ability to re-attend the course with no additional fee. When re-attending a course, the scholar will not receive continuing education credits and will receive an audit. Carrick Institute is not responsible for providing new materials for class audits, including but not limited to manuals, shirts, equipment, etc. If manuals have been updated since the original attendance date, the updated materials will be available via PDF on the scholar’s online portal. If the scholar would like to purchase a new paper manual, they may do so before the course start date.
To view full Terms & Conditions, click here.