RIGHT NOW, SAVE ON OUR CONCUSSION COURSES
– Functional neurology management of Concussion
– Concussion Bootcamp
Neuro-Visual Therapy Program
WHAT IS NEURO-VISUAL THERAPY?
NVT is a clinical application used to improve, enhance and/or develop the visual system, and its connections to other systems, runs more efficiently and automatically.
Patients learn to use their visual abilities in new and more efficient ways by participating in various neuro-visual exercises, many of them performed with little or no equipment. Exercises are designed to bring a set of skills to conscious awareness, practice using those skills to mastery so they become automatic.
The overall goal of NVT is to alleviate the signs and symptoms of visual dysfunction, maximize visual and overall performance, meet the patient’s needs and improve the patient’s quality of life and performance.
About NVT 1
Learn NVT applications, time tested in the trenches, to help you solve concussions more effectively.
NVT in the Clinical Setting – The Carrick Institute’s Neuro-Visual Therapy (NVT) course is designed to help physicians, athletic trainers, athletes, healthcare professionals, and performance coaches understand the relationships between sports performance, concussion and how they relate to the neuro-visual system. Learn NVT applications, time tested in the trenches, to help you solve concussions more effectively.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AT NVT 1
Scholars in this course will learn the three pillars of neuro-visual therapy, including oculomotor performance, eye discipline, and processing ability.
TOPICS COVERED IN NVT 1
- The Baseline Exam of a Neuro Visual Exam – Pre-training Baselines for Neuro Visual Training and how to use them
- Neuro visual symptoms that arise after a concussion
- Neuro visual training and rehab techniques
- Testing peripheral vision- low tech vs high tech testing
- Measuring phorias
- Assessing for eye dominance and discussing how it relates to performance
- Training for eye dominance- train your athlete to be more ambidextrous with their eye dominance
- Eye dominance and eye-hand dominance interplay
- Training for improved hand-eye coordination in your athletes
- Quantitative methods to measure Stereopsis
- Saccadic eye movements and progressions for athletes
- Near/Far Eye Training post-concussion
- Neuro-cognitive rehab post-TBI
- Eye-tracking strategies
- Working with athletes experiencing photophobia/photosensitivity
- Visual Memory Assessments
- Assessing for nystagmus in your athletes
- Visual suppression and the use of Strobe Glasses
- Tranoglyphs and Vectograms for assessing and training depth perception and phorias
- Eye discipline with Retinal Retention Training- Why does it matter and how do we assess and train it?
- Reaction testing and training
- Sequential processing tasks post TBI Rehab
- High-performance vision training concerning peripheral vision
- Dynavision and T-scope
- Exertion, exercise and return to play post mTBI
- Creating an exercise prescription post-TBI
- Gaze stabilization assessment and rehabilitation
Neuro Visual Therapy Education Resources
NEuroVisual Therapy II
NVT 2 - Phoropter in Functional Neurology
This program builds upon NVT 1 with advanced assessments and applications for rehabilitation and athletic performance enhancement. Concepts in this program allow clinicians greater insight into creating an individualized neuro-visual approach to concussion and more.
One of the tools that will be introduced in this course is the phoropter. Clinicians will learn what it is, how to use it, and why it is important to the functional neurology practitioner. A concussion can cause or, in most cases, exacerbate binocular vision dysfunction, accommodation difficulties, and vestibular ocular dysfunctions creating VOR impediments. The use of the phoropter will allow you to measure quickly:
Who is this class for?
The class will be taught from an optometric perspective and a muscle physiology perspective. Muscle physiology is relevant to the rehab and training aspects of the course. The optometric perspective helps the clinician in this course be a better team member on, say, a multidisciplinary TBI team. The goal of the course is to give you some tools to add to your practice. We will use multiple clinical examples throughout the course.
It is appropriate for Chiropractors, Functional Neurology Trained Clinicians, Athletic Trainers, and Physical Therapists.
Other Concepts in NVT 2 To Be Covered
- Astigmatism (cylinder)
- Inter-pupil distance and applications
- Maddox Rods
- Fusion Break
- Fixation Targets
- Colored Filters
- and More!
Included In Your Tuition for NVT 1 & 2
Re-attendance policy: Scholars who have registered and completed the program (including the 4-day format or the 5-module series in its entirety) have the ability to re-attend the course with no additional fee. When re-attending a course, the scholar will not receive continuing education credits and will receive an audit. Carrick Institute is not responsible for providing new materials for class audits, including but not limited to manuals, shirts, equipment, etc. If manuals have been updated since the original attendance date, the updated materials will be available via PDF on the scholar’s online portal. If the scholar would like to purchase a new paper manual, they may do so before the course start date.
The All-access and re-attendance as part of your Functional Neurology tuition are specific to the Functional Neurology program. The re-attendance is considered an audit of the course material and does not yield CE or CEU credits. It does transfer to other programs offered by the Carrick Institute.
To view full Terms & Conditions, click here.
For more information on CE/CME eligibility, visit https://carrickinstitute.com/ceinfo/
Join us ONLINe or at one of the live locations listed below!
Upcoming Dates & locations 2023
Neuro-Visual Therapy (511)$850.00 Select options
Neuro-Visual Therapy 1 & 2 Bundle$1,600.00 Add to cart