Wifi and Chat Access Agreement
If Carrick Institute has not authorized you to access this service, you must logout immediately.
1. Carrick Institute is providing you access to our Guest WLAN as a complimentary service for your convenience during your visit at Carrick Institute. You acknowledge that (i) the WLAN service provides unencrypted wireless access to the Internet, and agree you are responsible for the security of your system and any transmissions you make or receive; and (ii) that you understand the risks of unencrypted access to the Internet, and will take any necessary security precautions, including encrypting confidential transmissions, backing up any data and protecting your system with a firewall and robust user authentication.
2. You agree that your activities on the WLAN shall not: a) introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; b) create any liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our suppliers; c) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising); d) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or harassing; e) be obscene or contain crude language f) infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights; or g) involve any attempt to access any data or system which you are not authorized to access.
3. Carrick Institute routinely monitors and logs communications over its networks for security, performance, and other purposes. Thus, you acknowledge and agree that Carrick Institute may access, monitor, audit, intercept and disclose any such communications, data or information. 4. You agree that Carrick Institute may not make certain Internet services available, and may revoke your access to this WLAN at any time for any reason with or without notice.
5. As an extension of the Carrick Institute Network Infrastructure, in the event of any issues please contact the Carrick Institute.
6. Carrick Institute and our departments, officers, faculty, employees, and suppliers, accept no liability for the use of this WLAN. Authorized users must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this notice before using the WLAN