Hello, Carrick Scholars!
Today we have a special video case review with Dr. David Clark! Sit back and watch as he guides you through one of his real clinical cases. Dr. Clark is recognized as one of the leading clinicians in the world in an integrated brain-based and nutrition practice.
We hope you enjoy the presentation! If you want to see more presentations like this, let us know by reaching out to us through our contact us page.
We also want to take this moment to let you know about Dr. Clark’s latest course offering with the Carrick Institute! The course is titled: Mastery of the Thyroid-Brain Axis. This 25 hour clinical program is a comprehensive overview of thyroid physiology and its role in maintaining optimal function of the brain and nervous system. The specific relationship between thyroid disorders and a variety of common clinical conditions will be explored. Participants will be trained to recognize and accurately diagnose thyroid disorders in their patient populations, as well as treat these disorders successfully—even in patients already taking medication.
What you will learn at the course:
- Normal Thyroid physiology: synthesis, secretion, binding, metabolism and action
- How Thyroid hormones are manufactured and distributed throughout the body and brain
- The role of thyroid hormones in the normal development of the neuraxis
- The critical role of thyroid hormones in maintaining normal function of the Brain
- Understand the two main categories of thyroid dysfunction, and why knowing the difference will accelerate patient outcomes and compliance
- The Six Major Thyroid Pathologies, how to diagnose them and how to successfully manage them
- Thyrotoxicosis (hyperthyroidism)
- Hashimoto’s disease: thyroiditis, hypothyroidism
- Hashimoto’s: impact on cerebellum, vestibular system and Brain function
- When to suspect Thyroid cancer and the appropriate steps to take
- Understand the critical role thyroid hormone status plays in the following conditions:
- Chronic Pain
- Neurodegeneration (ie. Parkinson’s)
- Physical Examination of the Thyroid Gland
- Which laboratory tests you should order to properly assess the patient’s thyroid hormone status
- How to correctly analyze and interpret laboratory tests that assess thyroid hormone status and related organ function
- Learn Neurological exam skills that are relevant to your patient’s Thyroid status: Saccades, Anti-saccades, Tremor assessment, Gait and Ataxia, Reflexes
- Development of clinically-proven and science-based treatment plans using specific supplementation and diet to address and successfully manage patients with thyroid disorders
- How to easily integrate evaluation and treatment of thyroid disorders into your current practice
- Learn more than a single brand, learn which nutritional products or protocols would help your patient best.
The Carrick Institute’s mission is to offer the highest quality training in an effort to help produce the world’s best physicians. Part of becoming a good diagnostician is being able to recognize different patterns in our patients and then deciding where to make an intervention to yield the patient the best results. If you want to learn how to help more patients by leveraging clinical neurochemistry and nutrition, considering registering for the new Carrick Institute Clinical Neurochemistry and Nutrition Program.
992 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition I On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
993 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition II On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
994 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition III On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
995 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition IV On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
996 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 5 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
997 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 6 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Series On-Demand
$6,125.00Add to cart