The Autistic Brain compared to the Neuro-typical brain? 🧠
At this year’s ISCN event, Dr. Matthew Worth will be speaking about the differences in the long-term and short-term arranged neurons, mirror neuron systems, and treatment strategies that have been successful for this population.
– Hello. My name is Dr. Jessica Lofgren. Today we are joined by Dr. Matt Worth. Dr. Worth how are you doing today?
– I’m doing fantastic. Thanks for asking.
– So I brought you on here today cause we are talking about the International Symposium on Clinical Neuroscience happening this May in Orlando Florida. You’re gonna be there and you’re gonna be speaking and we’re excited to have you there.
– I’m excited to be there. This will be my third year of teaching over there.
– That’s really exciting yeah. And your previous talks have been so good. So we know that you have a tremendous success in your practice. You’ve been in practice for over 25 years in the Missouri area treating children and adults with neurodevelopmental disorders. What do you attribute to all this success that you’ve had in these years?
– Well of course Dr. Karrig and the training that’s gone along with it but I’ve worked with numerous kids and adults and have learned special tricks and clinical pearls that I use in my practice to go ahead and get the best results possible.
– So really it’s about creating that individuality in your treatment approach.
– Absolutely. Each child while they may have the same diagnosis really has different symptoms and different means by which they’ve gotten there.
– This year you are gonna be speaking on a topic very similar to this. Your gonna be speaking about autism. Can you explain a little bit more about your topic this year and why you chose that topic?
– This year I’m gonna be talking about the autistic brain compared to the neurotypical brain. We’re gonna talk a little bit about the differences in the long term sort term arranged neurons as well as the mirror neuron system and then come up with some different types of treatments that have been successful in my practice.
– I can’t wait to hear it. If you wanna hear more from Dr. Worth at this year’s International Symposium, make sure you check out our website and register for our event happening in Orlando Florida. Dr. Worth thank you for taking the time out of your day to speak with us today and I look for ward to seeing you in May.
– Absolutely. Good to see you again Jessica.