We are excited to announce our NEW Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Program!
This class will be taught in a VIP class format which means that upon completion of this program you will know exactly how to assess, diagnose, and manage your patient’s metabolic conditions using vitamins, minerals, herbals and nutrition, as well as how to implement this new model of care in your practice. This program was designed as a completed A to Z solution for the practicing functional neurologist.
Benefits of the Neurochemistry and Nutrition Program
- All recommendations are based on published literature and clinical experience supporting your evidence based practice.
- No disclosures.
- Brand neutral. This program was designed to teach you exactly what will help your patients using a broad spectrum of nutriceuticals from multiple sources.
- Dr. Clark is a full-time solo practitioner, with a very successful practice who’s treatment protocols are evidence based and have been tested on the field. He has worked with a wide range of neurological, endocrine and immune system problems with consistent and reproducible results.
- Practice management – In addition to learning which protocols will help your patient best, also learn from the instructor how a true functional medicine clinic (structural care + neurological care + nutrition) is implemented as a cash practice with a logistical and methodical implementation plan that you can begin to implement into your practice right away.
- Generate another revenue stream in an ethical manner. On average, the instructor distributes $25,000/month of supplementation from various companies using protocols that genuinely help patients.
- Attendees will be taught a way to think, understand & apply neurochemistry and nutrition for their patients, rather than pathways or protocols to memorize.
- This program series will focus on natural, non-pharmacological methods that are within your scope of practice.
- Case-based learning…this is practice for the real world.
- Each module will provide actionable, implementable intake, diagnostic and treatment procedures that you can begin using immediately.
VIP Class Format
We have decided to make the format of the class more interactive and personal than ever before. We are limiting the classroom size so there will be opportunity for questions and discussion; where some of the best learning occurs. Our goal with the VIP class format is to help physicians master the material and transform themselves and their practice upon completion of the Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition program series. No doctor will be left behind during this series.
Carrick Institute Guarantee
We are confident that you will be pleased with the quality of the education you will receive during the Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition series. On the first day of any module, if you feel that you are not receiving the value you paid for, then return the manual and you will receive an immediate refund. We stand by the quality of education that we produce.
Tuition / Course Pre-Pay Option
Tuition cost is $850 per module for general learners and $425 for students enrolled in a full-time program for PT, DC, MD, DO, etc. The pre-pay option the entire series is $4500 for the program, saving you $100 per module, $600 over the course of the entire series.
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Program Outline
Module 1 – Core concepts and principles of Clinical Neurochemistry
- Neuron and synapse structure and physiology
- The internal biochemical environment of the neuron
- Neural Membranes
- Neuron biogenergetics
- Disorders of the membranes, energetics, and neurotransmission
- Physical and neurological examination correlates
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Epilepsies, Stroke, Pain
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/1-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 1[/su_button]
Module 2 – The Four Systemic Metabolic Priorities that Affect Neuron Health and Function
- Iron and Red Blood Cell Chemistry
- Blood Sugar regulation and Adrenal Gland physiology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal physiology
- Physical & Neurological examination correlates
- How to use Laboratory Testing
- Clinical Conditions Discussed: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Fatigue, Anemias, Hepatic Biotransformation, Adrenal dysfunction
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/2-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 2[/su_button]
Module 3 – Systems Neurochemistry
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Junction
- Basal Ganglia
- Limbic System
- Vestibular System
- Clinical Conditions discussed: BPPV, Chronic dizziness & dysequilibrium, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Insomnia, Peripheral Neuropathies
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/3-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 3[/su_button]
Module 4 – Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation
- The Immune-Neuroendocrine Network
- Cytokine Receptors and Production in the Brain
- Effects of Cytokines on Brain Function
- Effects of Immune System on Brain Neurochemistry
- Regulation of the Inflammatory Response in the Brain
- Neuroimmune Cross Talk
- Role of Glia in CNS inflammation
- Autoimmune processes in the Central Nervous System
- The inflammatory component of Neurodegeneration
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Multiple Sclerosis, Demyelinating conditions, Depression, Migraine, CRPS, TBI, Intestinal Permeability, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Autism
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/4-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 4[/su_button]
Module 5 – Neurodegeneration
- β amyloid
- α synuclein
- Neurofibrillary tangles
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Necrosis and apoptosis – cell death and survival
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, excitotoxicity, oxidative stress
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Dementia, Encephalopathies, TBI, Autism
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/5-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 5[/su_button]
Module 6 – Review & Clinical Applications of Core Concepts & Principles
- In this last module, we will weave all previous modules together into a robust and flexible diagnostic and treatment model utilizing what we’ve been talking about all along:
- Neuorchemistry principles
- Patient History
- Physical/Neurological examination
- Lab Testing
- Diet modification
- This module serves as an excellent overview in preparation for the certification examination
[su_button url=”https://carrickinstitute.com/events/6-neurochem-2016/” target=”blank” background=”#753F7F” size=”5″ center=”yes”]Register for Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Module 6[/su_button]
Frequently Asked Questions
– We will be recording the program in a new high-quality format for on-demand delivery. We are excited to give access to this practice changing education to learners all around the world.
– To take excellent care of the VIP scholars who attend the live class, we have opted to not live-stream the class, but rather to record it for on-demand delivery at a later time. We plan to release the on-demand material 10-14 days after the live event.
– Every module is eligible for hours towards the DACNB as well as specialty hours towards the Fellow of the American Board of Neurochemistry & Nutrition (FABNN) through the ACFN.
[ESPRESSO_EVENTS_TABLE_TEMPLATE category_slug=neurochem category_filter=false table_search=false]