Chiropractic Neurological Technique
This program focuses on teaching how disturbances in body alignment promote dysfunction in the central nervous system and how that dysfunction further promotes disturbances in body alignment. Understanding this two-way street will allow for improved clinical outcomes by the application of novel adjusting paradigms in combination with other manual therapies.
This program combines many lines of literature into a concise model that describes in detail how joint position erros effect central nervous function as well as how the adjustment along with other manual therapies effect that functionality. Significant correlates are made between the vestibular, visual and proprioceptive systems describing how they work together to promote optimum body alignment. Understanding these correlates gives clinicians the opportunity to adjust their techniques to maximize their effectiveness.
- The neurological mechanisms of the chiropractic adjustment and other manual therapies.
- Palpatory/assessment techniques are congruent with current clinical neuroscience and biomechanical theories.
- Biomechanical coupling and its neurological importance.
- How the visual, vestibular, and proprioceptive systems influence the joint position error and how to leverage the use of those systems to maximize clinical outcomes.
- The cartesian coordinate system and its importance in linking the above-mentioned systems.
- Quick and effective examination procedures to delineate the visual, vestibular and proprioceptive influences on joint position errors.
- Adjusting patterns for:
- Cerebellar Deficits
- Cortical Deficits
- Vestibular deficits involving the:
- Anterior Canal
- Horizontal Canal
- Posterior Canals
- Utricular Deficits
- Saccular Deficits
- SNAGS (Sustained Natural Apophyseal Glides) and their application
- How to modify your own adjusting technique to accommodate the visual, vestibular and proprioceptive systems.
A significant portion of time will be devoted to “hands on” applications. This a learn by doing program and will involve covering areas of the neurological examine as well as adjustive procedures. Emphasis will be placed on discussions surrounding the most appropriate adjustment to the neurological findings observed.
Included in your Tuition
- 8 hours of training with Dr. Adam Klotzek
- All-Access to the digital recording of the class
- Any future updates to the course videos or other materials
- Re-attendance with an active Carrick Institute Account*
- 8 Neurology Hours towards the ACFN (American College of Functional Neurology) & ACNB (American Chiropractic Neurology Board) with each module
- All-Access to the flipped classroom material
3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module.