Presented by: Dr. David Clark
Carrick Institute is proud to bring you an exciting, new module in our highly rated neurochemistry series taught by Dr. David Clark, Assistant Professor of Neurochemistry! The Carrick Institute’s mission is to offer the highest quality training to assist with the best patient outcomes. Part of becoming a good diagnostician is being able to recognize different patterns in our patients and then deciding where to make an intervention to ensure the best pateint outcomes.
The number of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders has exploded in the last 20 years. There are children in every community that need modern, evidence-based care that can not only lessen the core symptoms of ASD, but also encourage optimal brain development. Practitioners trained in Clinical Neurochemistry and Nutrition can play a critical role in the healthy, long-term neurodevelopment of a child diagnosed with ASD.
This three-day immersive course will provide attendees with an effective, science-based approach to improving brain function in children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- A flipped classroom to prepare you for the live/live-stream training
- 3-day training live or live-stream with Dr. Clark
- 1 Year of access to the On-Demand recording of the module
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
The 3-day class will address all of the following critical topics:
- Neurotypical development – you have to know normal neurodevelopment in order to recognize early warning signs of ASD.
- Understand what Autism Spectrum Disorders are and are not. You’ll cut through the myths and misconceptions about ASD and be able to speak a common language with other professionals.
- The puzzle of Autistic Spectrum Disorder symptoms—what they mean and how they can guide your testing and treatment.
- Possible causes of Autism – Knowing the possible etiologies streamlines your diagnostic and treatment approach
- Risk factors for ASD
- Genetics of ASD: How much do they matter? The answer will surprise you.
- Epigenetics and ASD: Environmental influences
- SNPs and ASD – Single Nucleotide Polymoprhisms are all the rage right now…you’ll learn which SNPs—if any—are relevant to treating a child with ASD
- Vaccines and Autism – The reality of the controversial connection between Vaccines and ASD —and how to use this knowledge to efficiently prioritize treatment in ASD
- What exactly goes wrong in Autism? Learn the spectrum of Metabolic Malfunctions and how to recognize them in your patient: Gastrointestinal, Immunological, Endocrine
- What happens in the gut happens in the brain: The Gut-Brain-Gut Axis
- Bioenergetic and Mitochondrial dysfunction – The role of ATP, free radicals, and oxidative damage.
- Barrier Permeability – Leaky gut, leaky brain, leaky sinus, leaky lung: how to detect which barriers are compromised and what to do to heal them
- Gluten and Casein Sensitivity—Both are well-established problems in ASD. You’ll understand WHY they affect brain function and how to implement the GF/CF diet effectively. The opposite viewpoint will also be discussed
- Food Sensitivities — beyond gluten and dairy. Learn which foods can negatively affect brain function
- The Fungal/Yeast/Candida problem – Understand how fungi and yeast overgrowths affect brain function, and learn how to recognize the signs & symptoms of this very common problem in ASD
- Gastrointestinal infections and Bacterial Overgrowths – learn the difference between actual SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) dsybiosis and pathogenic infections.
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies and Insufficiencies
- Heavy Metal Toxicity – How many kids actually have this? Should you test? Should you treat for it?
- The role of B12, Folate, and Methylation
- The role of Autoimmunity and Immune System Dysregulation in ASD – determining the presence of this factor is critical in successful treatment of a child with ASD
- The Appropriate clinical tests to use in evaluating a child with ASD.
- You’ll learn when to order, how to order, and how to interpret the following tests:
- Blood chemistry
- Urinary Organic Acids
- Stool testing
- Food sensitivities
- Specialized testing: metals, chemicals, histamine, pyrroles
- Which ASD symptoms and behaviors reliably correlate with specific metabolic/neurochemical problems.
- The Top 4 Treatment Priorities in ASD – when you know these you’ll never get lost or confused about what to do next
- The ‘Ex Juvantibus’ Method – you’ll learn this rational and economical investigative method.
- The ASD Toolbox – you’ll have a comprehensive list of the tests, diets and supplements taught in the class that you can use as an easy reference.
- Integrated Effective Treatment Plans for managing patients with ASD. How to use specific supplementation and diets to treat and manage the wide spectrum of physiological alterations in ASD
- The most effective Diet and Supplement interventions: Dr. Clark’s 16 years of experience.
- How and When to do follow up visits and re-testing of labs (if any).
- The Long-Term vision for support of a child with ASD. Working with a child with ASD is not a short-term, acute care kind of doctor-patient relationship. The trained practitioner can be a guiding light for years in the life of a child with ASD. You’ll learn how to be that influence
- A Special Section on the PREVENTION OF ASD.
Early-bird tuition (register more 45 days before module start): $650 includes flipped classroom, live training, and on-demand recording.
General tuition (register less than 45 days before module start): $850 includes flipped classroom, live training, and on-demand recording.
Event Dates and Times
July 27, 2018: 9-6pm EST
July 28, 2018: 9-6pm EST
July 29, 2019: 9-3pm EST
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Mastery of Neurochemistry of Autism Spectrum Disorders program be recorded?
– We will be recording the program in a new high-quality format for on-demand delivery. We are excited to extend access to this practice changing education to learners worldwide.
Will the Mastery of Neurochemistry of Autism Spectrum Disorders program be live-streamed?
– Yes, scholars can take this program via internet live-stream. This allows you to join the live class with high-definition video and audio on a computer or mobile device with a strong internet connection. When attending via live-stream, you can interact with the professor and classmates, ask questions, etc. It is a very popular option for those who cannot join us in person and want to have an interactive experience. If you join us via live-stream for this program, your tuition includes the on-demand access for your review.
Can I receive neurology credit hours for this program?
– Every module is eligible for hours towards the DACNB as well as specialty hours towards the Fellow of the American Board of Neurochemistry & Nutrition (FABNN) through the ACFN.
Register for Event
992 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition I On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
993 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition II On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
994 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition III On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
995 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition IV On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
996 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 5 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
997 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 6 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Series On-Demand Prepayment
$5,250.00Add to cart
Mastery of Neurochemistry of Autism Spectrum Disorders On-demand with Dr. David Clark$875.00 Add to cart
Mastery of Neurochemistry of Male & Female Hormones On-demand with Dr. David Clark$875.00 Add to cart
Mastery of the Thyroid-Brain Axis On-demand with Dr. David Clark$875.00 Add to cart