Neurology Primer: Sleep Studies
Presented by: Dr. Roy Wilkins
Sleep studies are part of a normal everyday primary care and specialty practice such as neurology. We will cover in detail the use of sleep studies in both a primary care practice and a specialty practice such as sports medicine, orthopedics, neurology, pediatrics, internal disorders etc, and its relationship to sleep.
Sleep is an integral part of staying healthy. A third of our lives are spent in sleep. We will cover normal sleep from infancy to old age. Why we need sleep its purpose and function. We will explore what happens when normal sleep is interrupted it affects on the systems of the body such as neurodegenerative disease of the nervous system, cardiovascular, endocrine system, motor systems, pain control systems, gastrointestinal system etc, and the effects on our work, play, social interaction, and its affect in society. You’ll be taught to recognize and examine patients with sleep disorders. You’ll be instructed on sleep disorder breathing, its types and treatment. You’ll be instructed on circadian rhythm disorders how to recognized them and treatment options. You’ll be taught and introduced to parasomnias. Upon completion of this course you will be able to immediately incorporate sleep studies into your practice. You’ll know how and when to order the various types of sleep studies, HST, PSG, MSLT, MWT, PAPNAP and how to interpret the results and understand the data found on a sleep study and how in integrate that into your normal every day practice.
- Introduction to Sleep Studies
- Normal sleep from infancy to old age
- Purpose and function of Sleep
- Sleep physiology
- Basic neurology of sleep
- Factors determining sleep distribution
- Determining sleep EEG
- Sleep deprivation, causes, physical and psychological consequences.
- Sleep Deprivation and its relationship to:
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Cardiovascular System
- Endocrine System
- Motor Systems
- Pain Control Systems
- Gastrointestinal Systems
- and more!
- Effects of Sleep Deprivation on our work, play, social interaction and its affect in society
- Learn to recognize and examine patients with sleep disorders
- Insomnia diagnosis and treatment with CBT, Neutraceuticals, Pharmaceuticals
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders, types, diagnosis, and treatment
- Sleep disorder breathing causes, types, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Introduction to Parasomnias
- History, Physical and Clinical evaluation of sleep disorders
- Ordering appropriate sleep test
- Interpreting data and understanding sleep studies and implementation into clinical practice.
Listen to Dr. Wilkins' Episode on Talk Neuro to Me
Included in Your Tuition
- 8 hours of training with Dr. Roy Wilkins
- All access to the digital recording of the class
- Any future updates to the course videos or other materials
- 8 Neurology Hours towards the ACFN (American College of Functional Neurology) & ACNB (American Chiropractic Neurology Board) with each module
- Access to the flipped classroom with lifetime updates
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
*Scholars will receive CEU & neurology hours upon their first completion of the module. Any re-attendance is considered an audit.
Re-attendance policy: Scholars who have registered and completed a course after December 2019 have the ability to re-attend the course with no additional fee. When re-attending a course, the scholar will not receive continuing education credits and will receive an audit. Carrick Institute is not responsible for providing new materials for class audits, including but not limited to manuals, shirts, equipment, etc. If manuals have been updated since the original attendance date, the updated materials will be available via PDF on the scholar’s online portal. If the scholar would like to purchase a new paper manual, they may do so before the course start date.
To view full Terms & Conditions, click here.
Neurology Primer: Sleep Studies via Online, Self-Paced Learning
Pre-Registration Coming Soon
Neurology Primer: Clinical Approaches to TMD (321)$399.00 Add to cart