The Future of Clinical Neuroscience
Over the past 6 years, the Carrick Institute has been hard at work behind the scenes creating what will become one of the most influential programs in modern healthcare. This NEW CI program was designed with one purpose in mind – to develop an evidence-based, application-driven educational series, which teaches easy-to-implement clinical strategies in just 5 modules. In the end, we are confident that ReceptorBased® Essentials (RBE) will allow you to deliver unprecedented clinical results to your patients.
Healthcare Needs You..
The healthcare community, as well as the patients trusting in the healthcare community, are recognizing the need for solutions beyond medications for many neurological conditions such as concussion, autism, ADHD, pain syndromes, and more. People are seeking out ways to truly rehabilitate their brain rather than solely medicate it. By translating current research into an approach which assesses your patients’ neurological-individualities, and provides them with precise, neurological treatments, delivered with repetition and intensity, you can offer your practice the power of neuroplasticity. The ReceptorBased® Approach will deliver your patients the outcomes that they expect and truly deserve.
ReceptorBased® Essentials is Here!
You care about your patients, and you care about delivering the best outcomes to assist with their recovery. Through the addition of a modern, neurologically-based model to your already outstanding talents, you can individualize your approach to each patient and provide them with a service that they will not be able to find elsewhere. For some, the endeavor to study neuroscience appears to be a daunting task. Before ReceptorBased® Essentials, learning to apply clinical neuroscience effectively, was at least a 2-year commitment. Over 16,000 clinicians from all branches of healthcare have taken that journey with the Carrick Institute, and are grateful to have advanced their clinical acumen and careers; even if it meant that traveling every month, being away from their loved ones, studying hard, and trying to implement what they’ve learned in their practices.
The demand for a patient-specific, precision approach to healthcare is greater than ever. But, if you’re reading this, you already know that. You already have the desire to learn how, but you may not have time to dedicate to a 2-year program. ReceptorBased® Essentials was developed for you; the person with the desire to be the best clinician possible, but with a limited amount of time to do so. ReceptorBased® Essentials is the ONLY five-module, 85-hour program, consisting of LIVE, hands-on, research-supported, clinically-proven training, taught in a research-validated method, to enable you to apply ReceptorBased® Rehabilitation effectively in your practice.
One of the many elements that sets ReceptorBased® Essentials apart from any other program is how it was created. A job analysis was performed on active, practicing Chiropractic Neurologists, in successful practices, who were leveraging a neuroscience-model of care. We assessed the characteristics of their patient populations and asked them to report the clinical applications that they felt were effective at helping their patients. The results allowed us to identify the types of patients that are seen in the practices of providers that specialize in clinical neuroscience. We were also able to uncover the most-often used clinical tools, assessments and applications; as well as the academic concepts that these doctors felt contributed most to their success with patients.
This information allowed us to establish the most common applications that we needed to teach, so we did what any responsible educator would do… we performed a literature search for information on these applications. We collected the evidence, making sure that it was current, and not more than 5 years old. And we have those papers for you to read and use as an evidence-basis for your practice.
What this means to you is:
- You will learn the most commonly utilized clinical assessments and applications used by the most successful clinicians in practice.
- You can be confident knowing that the concepts are effective and supported by current research in the literature.
- You will be able to help your patients more effectively than you ever thought possible, without having to commit hundreds of hours and years of time to do so.
Clinicians Enrolled in the Program will Recieve:
- A flipped classroom for each module
- 15 credit hour courses for RBE1-5
- A program workbook provided in class
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
Be the provider that patients are searching for
Patients are seeking clinicians who can truly understand the integrative nature of their conditions. You have a responsibility to make more than just an accurate diagnosis. You must have an understanding of all that contributes to your patient’s health struggles. Those with the proper training have a significant advantage in their ability to serve their patients at the highest level, and that training is just a few clicks away.
For over 4 Decades
For over 4 decades, the Carrick Institute has provided the most advanced neurology-based education for knowledge-hungry clinicians around the world. We are the largest provider of graduate education in the field of clinical neuroscience. The Carrick Institute utilizes an effective evidence-based approach to education and has trained over 16,000 clinicians worldwide.
Who can attend?
RBE is open to all healthcare professions. Participants are solely responsible for ensuring that they remain within the scope of practice defined by the legislation governing their license.
ReceptorBased® Essentials Curriculum
RBE 1: Foundational Concepts in Clinical Neuroscience (C.N.S)
Foundational Concepts in Clinical Neuroscience is designed to set the foundation for the RBE Certificate Course by providing the skills and knowledge required to observe patients with a neurological lens. This perspective will allow you to understand how that individual receives, interprets, and responds to the world in which they live. Knowledge and understanding of C.N.S will allow you to enhance the function, quality of life, and performance of your clients and patients so that they can live a life of decreased pain, better function, clearer thinking, and optimal performance.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn and Implement the “ABCs of Clinical Neuroscience” and how to observe your patient population through a neurological lens.
- Provide an evolutionary perspective of neurological development that applies to neurological development and rehabilitation in your patient population.
- Master the application of concepts such as the Central Integrated State, Effective Dose Model, Neuro-plasticity, and pertinent neuroanatomy in the context of neurological rehabilitation.
RBE 2: Harnessing Receptor Systems in Therapy
Harnessing Receptor Systems was designed to build upon the concepts in RBE1 and empower a provider with strategies to optimize brain function and performance. By combining your expertise, with ReceptorBased® physiology, this module will provide you with the science, research, and training needed to begin implementing effective neurological applications and programs in your specialty.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Provide the foundation of receptor-system anatomy and physiology and its integration and interpretation by the brain.
- Bridge the delegate’s existing knowledge and experience with contemporary research of ReceptorBased® physiology to develop neurological applications.
- Create, deliver, and evaluate the effectiveness of the ReceptorBased® applications on neurological function, performance, and quality of life.
RBE 3: Autonomic Fuel, Flow & Function
RBE3 builds upon the concepts in RBE1 and RBE2 to understand the foundational importance of fuel delivery, from the perspectives of biochemical, hemodynamic, and neuro-regulation. This module on autonomic function will provide you with the tools, techniques, and applications to assess and enable proper fuel delivery and function, which promotes optimal human health and function.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify critical biomechanical processes that allow proper cellular energy production.
- Review the various hemodynamic properties and pathologies that influence fuel delivery, and their significance in practice.
- Define the anatomical structures and functional networks involved in regulating fuel delivery.
- Incorporate various levels of clinically-validated autonomic-assessment technology to identify functional status changes in the neuraxis.
RBE 4: Reflex, Motor, and Cognitive Systems
RBE4 dives into motor-cognitive systems and introduces this concept through a hierarchical model, that applies to neurological function and dysfunction. Through understanding sensory-motor reflexes and the brain’s role in modifying those reflexes, participants will learn to enhance and optimize both involuntary (reflex) movement, emotion, cognitive processing, and intentional movement, utilizing ReceptorBased® procedures. Special attention will be placed on the assessment, intervention, and objective quantification of outcomes.
- Introduce the concept of sensory-motor-cognitive interplay, and the motor hierarchy, as it pertains to the human development and performance continuum.
- Create a workflow to assess and measure the movement hierarchy to identify the level of dysfunction that is required for the creation of rehabilitation plan.
- Provide an understanding of neuroanatomical and neurophysiological constructs needed to create an individualized treatment plan to restore or create optimal neurological integrity.
RBE 5: RBE in Action – Applying the 10 Principles of Plasticity
RBE5 is the introduction of the most important concept in neurorehabilitation: the 10 Principles of Plasticity. This concept requires the prerequisite that you have gained, in the mastery of anatomy and physiology related to ReceptorBased® assessments, and interventions (RBE 1 through 4). We will seamlessly weave the concepts, assessments, and applications into one clinical, hands-on, review course, that will also include sample care plans, patient education, practice management, and marketing. This course is the mortar between the bricks of your foundation in CNS education, and can’t be missed.
- Discuss and relate the 10 Principles of Plasticity to the pediatric, geriatric, traumatic, genetic, and performance populations.
- Review and implement a ReceptorBased® Assessment and Application Program on a simulated patient.
- Discuss the patient care cycle of a ReceptorBased® Treatment candidate, from marketing, education, assessment tools, care plans, and referral generation.
ReceptorBased® Essentials Locations & Dates
RBE 5: June 22-23, 2019
RBE Prepaid 3 Course Bundle
RBE 1: September 20-22, 2019
RBE 2: November 8-10, 2019
RBE 3: January 17-19, 2020
ReceptorBased® Essentials Tuition:
Early-Bird (register 45 days in advance): $795
General Tuition: $945
Save even more with by prepaying for the entire 5 module RBE series: $2995
Our RBE pre-payment option allows you to save $1,730 from full tuition if you register for all 5 modules at once. This program has been highly requested. Those who register with the pre-payment option will have priority in attendance over those who register for an individual module in the event of the program selling out.
ReceptorBased® Essentials – Student Tuition
The Carrick Institute has designed the ReceptorBased® Essentials Program to be affordable to students. A graduate degree should create a lifetime of opportunities, not a lifetime of debt. At the Carrick Institute, we offer a pre-payment plan for students to attend the ReceptorBased® Essentials Program. The student tuition for RBE saves you $2940 off the general tuition. The prepayment program allows you to access each module for $357 individually. To access this tuition, the payment must be made as a prepayment of $1,785.
ReceptorBased® Essentials Student Tuition:
$1,785 (357 per module) – This tuition covers all 5 modules. This is a savings of $2,940 off the general tuition.
Eligibility for Enrollment for a Full – Time Doctoral Student
Must be an unlicensed full-time doctoral student in a program for MD, DC, PT, DO, ND, DVM, etc. You will be asked to provide 2 forms of proof of full-time school enrollment in the form of: a copy or picture of your valid school ID, a letter from the registrar or a copy of your current school schedule.