What is ReceptorBased® Essentials?
ReceptorBased® Essentials (RBE) was created for practitioners wanting a fast and effective way to learn and implement the fundamentals of Clinical Neuroscience into their practices. It is the only 4-day live program with an online component that includes hands on evidence-based, clinically proven training.
What is Clinical Neuroscience?
Clinical Neuroscience is a branch of neuroscience that focuses on the scientific study of fundamental mechanisms that underlie diseases and disorders of the brain and central nervous system. It seeks to develop new ways of conceptualizing and diagnosing such disorders and developing novel applications to treat them.
The Importance of Understanding Sensory Receptors
Correcting the central processing of sensory receptors contributes to the efficacy of many manual therapies. Understanding how these receptor systems work together to affect function will allow you to effectively implement Clinical Neuroscience into your practice.
Brain Dysfunction in Clinical Neuroscience
Brain dysfunction often contributes to human suffering and suboptimal performance. A ReceptorBased® approach provides more effective treatments that deliver better patient outcomes.
Not all sensory input is beneficial in treating neurological dysfunction. ReceptorBased® Essentials teaches you assessment strategies that allows you to select an optimal intervention. By better understanding how your therapies achieve their results, you will better serve your patient/client population.
The Top 10 Things You Will Learn:
- To observe your patient through neurological lens.
- The “Clinical Neuroscience Paradigm” and how it will change the way you practice forever.
- To determine and treat the Longitudinal Level of Decompensation (LLD).
- To comprehend your neurological assessments under a Clinical Neuroscience paradigm
- To effectively and efficiently assess neurological reflexes, motor function, and cognitive processing.
- To effectively and efficiently assess the brain’s influence on the autonomic nervous system.
- To determine whether the treatment you provided produced a statistically significant change.
- To create, deliver, and evaluate the effectiveness of a ReceptorBased® application on neurological function, performance, and quality of life.
- To apply the 10 Principles of Neuroplasticity.
- The patient care cycle of a ReceptorBased® Treatment from marketing, education, assessment tools, care plans, and referral generation.
What People are Saying
What Sets ReceptorBased® Essentials Apart From Other Programs?
One of the many elements that set ReceptorBased® Essentials apart from any other program is the methodology utilized in its creation. Many courses are created using information from textbooks and other courses.
We started the development ReceptorBased® Essentials by doing a job analysis on some of the most successful practitioners utilizing Clinical Neuroscience in their practices.
The results allowed us to identify the three essential foundations of the program:
- The type of patient’s Clinical Neuroscience practitioners can help.
- The most-common, relevant, and practical clinical tools, assessments, and applications utilized in successful practices.
- The academic concepts that these doctors felt contributed most to their success with their patients.
This knowledge enabled us to establish the most commonly used applications that we needed to teach. We then performed a literature search for information on these applications. We collected and constructed a library of evidence with thousands of peer-research papers supporting nearly every concept and procedure taught in this program.
Why the Carrick Institute?
The Carrick Institute has a 40-year history of providing evidence based clinical education in the field of neuroscience and neurology. We specialize in translating complex information often found in neuroscience and neurology into an easily understandable format. This allows for accelerated learning and the development of novel applications that may be applied in a wide range of circumstances spanning the healthcare and athletic performance fields. Our dedication to making all that we teach as simple and practical as possible promotes lifelong learning and inspires our global alumni to continue developing new and exciting clinical applications.
Thus, those who have a desire to learn from leaders in the field and become part of a community that focuses on support and encouragement will find a home at Carrick Institute. We invite you to join our team and learn with us.
- 4-day live onsite learning & training
- 1 day of online, self-paced learning that includes:
- Course summary highlighting key points.
- Case videos with discussion
- Examination in which a passing score is necessary to achieve certification.
- Post examination faculty advisor consult
- To discuss weaknesses and strength as determined by your examination scores.
- To answer any questions you may have.
Early Bird Tuition (60 days in advance): $2,495
General Tuition: $2,995
Your Tuition Upon Achieving Certification Status Includes:
- Unlimited lifetime free re-attendance to the ReceptorBased® Essentials program. You read that right. Your tuition will allow you to audit and re-attend the program as many times as you would like. Thus, allowing you to always stay up to date and reinforce your learning.
- Unlimited lifetime access to the program’s digital recording. When we update the material and clinical applications, we will load the new classroom recordings into your online scholar portal for your review.
- Unlimited lifetime access to the flipped classroom material and online videos, including updates. The clinical applications will be organized and updated so you can easily find them, review them, and implement them in practice.
- A workbook to help you better organize and retain the material taught.
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline
The unlimited lifetime access and re-attendance as part of your ReceptorBased® Essentials tuition is specific to the ReceptorBased® Essentials program. The re-attendance is an audit of the course material and does not yield CE or CEU credits. It does transfer to other programs offered by the Carrick Institute.
Upcoming Locations & Dates
RBE Combo 3: January 17-19, 2020
Oslo is hosting an accelerated program. The program still consists of 75 neurology hours total. You must have attended module 1 to attend module 2 or 3 for the RBE Oslo Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 3 Steps to Certification:
- Attend the 4-day live event
- Successfully complete the online portion of the program and achieve a passing score on the examination.
- Complete the faculty advisor follow-up phone call.
If you have completed all 5 modules of the previous RBE modules, you will be grandfathered into the new program format and its benefits.
If you have been enrolled in or are currently enrolled in a ReceptorBased® Essentials class, we will discount the price of the New ReceptorBased® Essentials format General Tuition Price by the amount that you have already paid attending prior classes. In order to receive certification, you will have to fulfill the requirements as outlined under the “3-Steps” to certification in the new format.
ReceptorBased® Essentials is open to all individuals who want to learn how to apply Clinical Neuroscience to improve health and human performance.
Because ReceptorBased® Essentials attracts individuals from many professional backgrounds. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they practice the techniques taught in the program within the scope of practice defined by the legislation governing their license.