Carrick Institute is proud to bring you a NEW Neurochemistry and Nutrition program taught by Dr. David Clark, Assistant Professor of Neurochemistry!
The Carrick Institute’s mission is to offer the highest quality training in an effort to help produce the world’s best physicians. Part of becoming a good diagnostician is being able to recognize different patterns in our patients and then deciding where to make an intervention to yield the patient the best results.
With great pride we bring you the updated Neurochemistry and Nutrition program. This series will explore the chemistry of the nervous system, how the chemical processes of the body affect brain and nervous system function, and the ways in which the brain influences the internal chemical environments.
Attendees will learn clinical nutrition treatment strategies utilizing supplements (vitamins, minerals, nutrients, botanicals) and diet. There will be a strong focus on clinical application of the material so learners can serve their patient population right away. Clinical cases are provided to illustrate core principles and facilitate mastery of the subject areas.
Benefits of the Neurochemistry and Nutrition Program
- All recommendations are based on published literature and clinical experience supporting your evidence based practice.
- No disclosures.
- Brand neutral. This program was designed to teach you exactly what will help your patients using a broad spectrum of nutriceuticals from multiple sources.
- Dr. Clark is a full-time solo practitioner, with a very successful practice who’s treatment protocols are evidence based and have been tested on the field. He has worked with a wide range of neurological, endocrine and immune system problems with consistent and reproducible results.
- Practice management – In addition to learning which protocols will help your patient best, also learn from the instructor how a true functional medicine clinic (structural care + neurological care + nutrition) is implemented as a cash practice with a logistical and methodical implementation plan that you can begin to implement into your practice right away.
- Generate another revenue stream in an ethical manner. On average, the instructor distributes $25,000/month of supplementation from various companies using protocols that genuinely help patients.
- Attendees will be taught a way to think, understand & apply neurochemistry and nutrition for their patients, rather than pathways or protocols to memorize.
- This program series will focus on natural, non-pharmacological methods that are within your scope of practice.
- Case-based learning…this is practice for the real world.
- Each module will provide actionable, implementable intake, diagnostic and treatment procedures that you can begin using immediately.
VIP Class Format
We have decided to make the format of the class more interactive and personal than ever before. We are limiting the classroom size so there will be opportunity for questions and discussion; where some of the best learning occurs. Our goal with the VIP class format is to help physicians master the material and transform themselves and their practice upon completion of the Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition program series. No doctor will be left behind during this series.
Carrick Institute Guarantee
We are confident that you will be pleased with the quality of the education you will receive during the Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition series. On the first day of any module, if you feel that you are not receiving the value you paid for, then return the manual and you will receive an immediate refund. We stand by the quality of education that we produce.
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Program Outline
Module 1 – Core concepts and principles of Clinical Neurochemistry
- Neuron and synapse structure and physiology
- The internal biochemical environment of the neuron
- Neural Membranes
- Neuron biogenergetics
- Disorders of the membranes, energetics, and neurotransmission
- Physical and neurological examination correlates
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Epilepsies, Stroke, Pain
Module 2 – The Four Systemic Metabolic Priorities that Affect Neuron Health and Function
- Iron and Red Blood Cell Chemistry
- Blood Sugar regulation and Adrenal Gland physiology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal physiology
- Physical & Neurological examination correlates
- How to use Laboratory Testing
- Clinical Conditions Discussed: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Fatigue, Anemias, Hepatic Biotransformation, Adrenal dysfunction
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Junction
- Basal Ganglia
- Limbic System
- Vestibular System
- Clinical Conditions discussed: BPPV, Chronic dizziness & dysequilibrium, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Insomnia, Peripheral Neuropathies
- The Immune-Neuroendocrine Network
- Cytokine Receptors and Production in the Brain
- Effects of Cytokines on Brain Function
- Effects of Immune System on Brain Neurochemistry
- Regulation of the Inflammatory Response in the Brain
- Neuroimmune Cross Talk
- Role of Glia in CNS inflammation
- Autoimmune processes in the Central Nervous System
- The inflammatory component of Neurodegeneration
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Multiple Sclerosis, Demyelinating conditions, Depression, Migraine, CRPS, TBI, Intestinal Permeability, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Autism
- β amyloid
- α synuclein
- Neurofibrillary tangles
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Necrosis and apoptosis – cell death and survival
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, excitotoxicity, oxidative stress
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Dementia, Encephalopathies, TBI, Autism
- In this last module, we will weave all previous modules together into a robust and flexible diagnostic and treatment model utilizing what we’ve been talking about all along:
- Neuorchemistry principles
- Patient History
- Physical/Neurological examination
- Lab Testing
- Diet modification
- This module serves as an excellent overview in preparation for the certification examination
Frequently Asked Questions
– We will be recording the program in a new high-quality format for on-demand delivery. We are excited to give access to this practice changing education to learners all around the world.
– To take excellent care of the VIP scholars who attend the live class, we have opted to not live-stream the class, but rather to record it for on-demand delivery at a later time. We plan to release the on-demand material 10-14 days after the live event.
– Every module is eligible for hours towards the DACNB as well as specialty hours towards the Fellow of the American Board of Neurochemistry & Nutrition (FABNN) through the ACFN.
– To ensure that every live attendee has a superior learning experience, we have decided to create the VIP class format. We are limiting the class size to 15 attendees to foster an environment of rich learning and discussion. The goal is to have the doctors that attend the live VIP classes have a firm grasp of the material AND learn to implement this model of care into their practice by the completion of the program. Dr. Clark and his staff will be working closely with every doctor in the classroom. As a bonus, those who attend the live classes will be given access to the on-demand recordings to reinforce the learning.
992 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition I On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
993 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition II On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
994 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition III On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
995 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition IV On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
996 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 5 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart