“I have been in practice for 31 years. This course was so well done. It teaches you the truth of how to use nutrition to improve a patients health. It teaches you the functional conditions so solutions can be achieved. Dr. Clark is brilliant. However, he is also an amazing teacher. His passion to help you learn the material is amazing. I do not know when Dr. Clark sleeps. His research and staying current is almost frightening. I highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to learn how to help human kind improve their well being.”
Carrick Institute is proud to bring you a NEW Neurochemistry and Nutrition program taught by Dr. David Clark, Assistant Professor of Neurochemistry!
The Carrick Institute’s mission is to offer the highest quality training in an effort to help produce the world’s best physicians. Part of becoming a good diagnostician is being able to recognize different patterns in our patients and then deciding where to make an intervention to yield the patient the best results.
With great pride we bring you the updated Neurochemistry and Nutrition program. This series will explore the chemistry of the nervous system, how the chemical processes of the body affect brain and nervous system function, and the ways in which the brain influences the internal chemical environments.
Attendees will learn clinical nutrition treatment strategies utilizing supplements (vitamins, minerals, nutrients, botanicals) and diet. There will be a strong focus on clinical application of the material so learners can serve their patient population right away. Clinical cases are provided to illustrate core principles and facilitate mastery of the subject areas.
Benefits of the Neurochemistry and Nutrition Program
- All recommendations are based on published literature and clinical experience supporting your evidence based practice.
- No disclosures.
- Brand neutral. This program was designed to teach you exactly what will help your patients using a broad spectrum of nutriceuticals from multiple sources.
- Dr. Clark is a full-time solo practitioner, with a very successful practice who’s treatment protocols are evidence based and have been tested on the field. He has worked with a wide range of neurological, endocrine and immune system problems with consistent and reproducible results.
- Practice management – In addition to learning which protocols will help your patient best, also learn from the instructor how a true functional medicine clinic (structural care + neurological care + nutrition) is implemented as a cash practice with a logistical and methodical implementation plan that you can begin to implement into your practice right away.
- Generate another revenue stream in an ethical manner. On average, the instructor distributes $25,000/month of supplementation from various companies using protocols that genuinely help patients.
- Attendees will be taught a way to think, understand & apply neurochemistry and nutrition for their patients, rather than pathways or protocols to memorize.
- This program series will focus on natural, non-pharmacological methods that are within your scope of practice.
- Case-based learning…this is practice for the real world.
- Each module will provide actionable, implementable intake, diagnostic and treatment procedures that you can begin using immediately.
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Program Outline
Module 1 – Core concepts and principles of Clinical Neurochemistry
- Neuron and synapse structure and physiology
- The internal biochemical environment of the neuron
- Neural Membranes
- Neuron biogenergetics
- Disorders of the membranes, energetics, and neurotransmission
- Physical and neurological examination correlates
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Epilepsies, Stroke, Pain
Module 2 – The Four Systemic Metabolic Priorities that Affect Neuron Health and Function
- Iron and Red Blood Cell Chemistry
- Blood Sugar regulation and Adrenal Gland physiology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal physiology
- Physical & Neurological examination correlates
- How to use Laboratory Testing
- Clinical Conditions Discussed: Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Fatigue, Anemias, Hepatic Biotransformation, Adrenal dysfunction
Module 3 – Systems Neurochemistry
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Junction
- Basal Ganglia
- Limbic System
- Vestibular System
- Clinical Conditions discussed: BPPV, Chronic dizziness & dysequilibrium, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Insomnia, Peripheral Neuropathies
Module 4 – Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation
- The Immune-Neuroendocrine Network
- Cytokine Receptors and Production in the Brain
- Effects of Cytokines on Brain Function
- Effects of Immune System on Brain Neurochemistry
- Regulation of the Inflammatory Response in the Brain
- Neuroimmune Cross Talk
- Role of Glia in CNS inflammation
- Autoimmune processes in the Central Nervous System
- The inflammatory component of Neurodegeneration
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Multiple Sclerosis, Demyelinating conditions, Depression, Migraine, CRPS, TBI, Intestinal Permeability, Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Autism
Module 5 – Neurodegeneration
- β amyloid
- α synuclein
- Neurofibrillary tangles
- Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Necrosis and apoptosis – cell death and survival
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, excitotoxicity, oxidative stress
- Clinical Conditions discussed: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS, Dementia, Encephalopathies, TBI, Autism
Module 6 – Review & Clinical Applications of Core Concepts & Principles
- In this last module, we will weave all previous modules together into a robust and flexible diagnostic and treatment model utilizing what we’ve been talking about all along:
- Neurochemistry principles
- Patient History
- Physical/Neurological examination
- Lab Testing
- Diet modification
- This module serves as an excellent overview in preparation for the certification examination
Frequently Asked Questions
– We will be recording the program in a new high-quality format for on-demand delivery. We are excited to give access to this practice changing education to learners all around the world.
– To take excellent care of the VIP scholars who attend the live class, we have opted to not live-stream the class, but rather to record it for on-demand delivery at a later time. We plan to release the on-demand material 10-14 days after the live event.
– Every module is eligible for hours towards the DACNB as well as specialty hours towards the Fellow of the American Board of Neurochemistry & Nutrition (FABNN) through the ACFN.
992 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition I On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
993 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition II On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
994 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition III On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
995 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition IV On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
996 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 5 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
997 Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition 6 On-Demand$875.00 Add to cart
Clinical Neurochemistry & Nutrition Series On-Demand
$6,125.00Add to cart