Clinicians Enrolled in the Module will Recieve:
- A flipped classroom to prepare you for the live/live-stream training
- 3-day training live or live-stream with Dr. Clark
- 1 Year of access to the On-Demand recording of the module
- 3 months of unlimited access to Medline upon completion of the module
The 3-day class will address all of the following critical topics:
- Neurotypical development – you have to know normal neurodevelopment in order to recognize early warning signs of ASD.
- Understand what Autism Spectrum Disorders are and are not. You’ll cut through the myths and misconceptions about ASD and be able to speak a common language with other professionals.
- The puzzle of Autistic Spectrum Disorder symptoms—what they mean and how they can guide your testing and treatment.
- Possible causes of Autism – Knowing the possible etiologies streamlines your diagnostic and treatment approach
- Risk factors for ASD
- Genetics of ASD: How much do they matter? The answer will surprise you.
- Epigenetics and ASD: Environmental influences
- SNPs and ASD – Single Nucleotide Polymoprhisms are all the rage right now…you’ll learn which SNPs—if any—are relevant to treating a child with ASD
- Vaccines and Autism – The reality of the controversial connection between Vaccines and ASD —and how to use this knowledge to efficiently prioritize treatment in ASD
- What exactly goes wrong in Autism? Learn the spectrum of Metabolic Malfunctions and how to recognize them in your patient: Gastrointestinal, Immunological, Endocrine
- What happens in the gut happens in the brain: The Gut-Brain-Gut Axis
- Bioenergetic and Mitochondrial dysfunction – The role of ATP, free radicals, and oxidative damage.
- Barrier Permeability – Leaky gut, leaky brain, leaky sinus, leaky lung: how to detect which barriers are compromised and what to do to heal them
- Gluten and Casein Sensitivity—Both are well-established problems in ASD. You’ll understand WHY they affect brain function and how to implement the GF/CF diet effectively. The opposite viewpoint will also be discussed
- Food Sensitivities — beyond gluten and dairy. Learn which foods can negatively affect brain function
- The Fungal/Yeast/Candida problem – Understand how fungi and yeast overgrowths affect brain function, and learn how to recognize the signs & symptoms of this very common problem in ASD
- Gastrointestinal infections and Bacterial Overgrowths – learn the difference between actual SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) dsybiosis and pathogenic infections.
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies and Insufficiencies
- Heavy Metal Toxicity – How many kids actually have this? Should you test? Should you treat it?
- The role of B12, Folate, and Methylation
- The role of Autoimmunity and Immune System Dysregulation in ASD – determining the presence of this factor is critical in the successful treatment of a child with ASD
- The Appropriate clinical tests to use in evaluating a child with ASD.
- You’ll learn when to order, how to order, and how to interpret the following tests:
- Blood chemistry
- Urinary Organic Acids
- Stool testing
- Food sensitivities
- Specialized testing: metals, chemicals, histamine, pyrroles
- Which ASD symptoms and behaviors reliably correlate with specific metabolic/neurochemical problems.
- The Top 4 Treatment Priorities in ASD – when you know these you’ll never get lost or confused about what to do next
- The ‘Ex Juvantibus’ Method – you’ll learn this rational and economical investigative method.
- The ASD Toolbox – you’ll have a comprehensive list of the tests, diets and supplements taught in the class that you can use as an easy reference.
- Integrated Effective Treatment Plans for managing patients with ASD. How to use specific supplementation and diets to treat and manage the wide spectrum of physiological alterations in ASD
- The most effective Diet and Supplement interventions: Dr. Clark’s 16 years of experience.
- How and When to do follow up visits and re-testing of labs (if any).
- The Long-Term vision for support of a child with ASD. Working with a child with ASD is not a short-term, acute care kind of doctor-patient relationship. The trained practitioner can be a guiding light for years in the life of a child with ASD. You’ll learn how to be that influence
- A Special Section on the PREVENTION OF ASD.
Tuition:General tuition: $850 includes flipped classroom, live training, and on-demand recording.
Event Dates and TimesJuly 27, 2018: 9-6pm EST July 28, 2018: 9-6pm EST July 29, 2019: 9-3pm EST
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Mastery of Neurochemistry of Autism Spectrum Disorders program be recorded? – We will be recording the program in a new high-quality format for on-demand delivery. We are excited to extend access to this practice changing education to learners worldwide. Will the Mastery of Neurochemistry of Autism Spectrum Disorders program be live-streamed? – Yes, scholars can take this program via internet live-stream. This allows you to join the live class with high-definition video and audio on a computer or mobile device with a strong internet connection. When attending via live-stream, you can interact with the professor and classmates, ask questions, etc. It is a very popular option for those who cannot join us in person and want to have an interactive experience. If you join us via live-stream for this program, your tuition includes the on-demand access for your review. Can I receive neurology credit hours for this program? – Every module is eligible for hours towards the DACNB as well as specialty hours towards the Fellow of the American Board of Neurochemistry & Nutrition (FABNN) through the ACFN. [ESPRESSO_EVENTS_TABLE_TEMPLATE category_slug=mastery-of-neurochemistry category_filter=false table_search=false show_all_datetimes=true]